Display compact view
United Kingdom-London: Engineering works and construction works
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: http://www.jubb.uk.com/
Main address: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/homes-and-communities-agency
Section II: Object
Butts Bridge Highway Improvements.
Harvington Properties, a private landowner group, and the Homes and Communities Agency seeks expressions of interest from suitably experienced design and build contractors to construct the Butts Bridge Highway Improvement Works at Alton in Hampshire consisting of the following elements:
1. The demolition and reconstruction of Butts Bridge which carries the privately owned Watercress Line Railway over the A339 at Whitedown Lane in Alton.
2. The construction of a new 7.3 m wide adopted highway link road between Winchester Road and Selborne Road with associated footways and cycleways.
3. Construction of a new 40 m ICD roundabout at the junction of the new link road and Selborne Road
4. Construction of a new 40 m ICD roundabout at the junction of Selborne Road, Winchester Road, A339 Whitedown Lane and Butts Road.
5. New cycleways and footways to Selborne Road
At ITT stage the design will be developed to RIBA Stage 4 detail with the design novated to the successful contractor.
The works will procured as an NEC Option A Design and Build Contract.
Whilst Harvington Properties is a private sector body which is not subject to the Public Contracts Regulations 2015, the Homes and Communities Agency is subject to these Regulations. As such, Harvington Properties has agreed that it will follow the requirements of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 when procuring the contractor.
Selection criteria will be set out in the Selection Questionnaire and will include experience and capacity.
Whilst this procurement is being sponsored by Harvington Properties, the final contract award could be placed by, or novated to the Homes and Communities Agency or a future development partner of Harvington Properties or HCA.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
As defined in the Selection Questionnaire.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
This tender is being administered by Harvington Properties working in partnership with Homes and Communities Agency. The contract award could be made by either party or novated by either party to their respective development partners.