Display compact view
United Kingdom-Bradford: Construction work
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Main address: www.yorkshirewater.com
Section II: Object
Yorkshire Water (YW) manage the collection, treatment and distribution of water in Yorkshire, supplying around 1 240 000 000 000 litres of drinking water each day. At the same time collecting, treating and disposing of about one billion litres of waste water safely back into the environment.
YW are looking to establishment of a dual lot, multi supplier framework to service the business requirement for civil works across the YW estate covering all civil engineering based activity which would not be completed by Tier 1 partners.
The contracting authority reserves the right to award contracts combining Lot 1 Civils Projects and Lot 2 Minor Civils.
Across the full Yorkshire Water estate.
Lot 1 aims to cover:
— Civil & Structural Engineering construction and refurbishment works associated with selected above or below ground assets on operational treatment, collection or distribution facilities involving structures such as water retaining structures, primary & final settling tanks as one off projects.
— Construction and refurbishment work within a site boundary, inclusive of the entrance to a site, on-site access roads, (not including public highways/roads).
— Some minor building works may also be included but this will not be the primary scope.
— Direct utilisation of YW tier 2 framework partners.
The scope of services shall include:
1. Full compliance with the duties of the Principal Contractor, as defined by the CDM Regulations.
2. Temporary works.
3. Preparatory works.
4. Provision of plant, materials, labour, supervision.
5. Supplier / sub-contractor management.
6. Construction and commissioning.
7. Specialist services associated with the disinfection of potable water retaining pipes and structures.
8. Creation / modification of CAD drawings.
9. Asset data collection, management and submission.
The scope of services may include:
1. Full compliance with the duties of the Principal Contractor, as defined by the CDM Regulations (where appropriate).
2. Adoption of outline / detailed designs prepared by others which require completion by the selected supplier to incorporate minor amendments related to safe constructability.
3. Outline and detailed design of civil structures and works.
4. Building Information Management to PAS1192 and YW specific requirements.
5. The management of essential sub-contractors that are used to complete the scope of the investment project.
6. Compliance with Street works regulations & standards where applicable and if applicable, traffic management.
Scope of Activity (examples but not limited to):
— Septic Tank Replacement,
— Tank Bases,
— Primary Settlement Tanks (minimal process impacts),
— Final Settlement Tanks (minimal process impacts),
— Pre-cast concrete Tanks,
— Sludge Storage Tanks (concrete base),
— Large Chambers,
— Pumping Station Shafts,
— Draw pits,
— Tanker turning areas.
The initial contract term will be for 60 months, YWS reserves the option to extend for a further 36 months based on satisfactory performance of the contract by the service provider. Further details will be set out in the procurement documents.
The estimated value figures is based on the full contract term including renewal. (i.e. 60 months + 36 months' option = 96 month term).
Lot 2 aims to cover:
— Minor building works associated with selected above or below ground assets on operational treatment, collection or distribution facilities involving structures as one off projects.
— Repairs to on-site access roads, not public highways/roads.
— Services to include build, refurbishment/repairs.
— Full compliance with the duties of the Principal Contractor, as defined by the CDM Regulations.
— Temporary works.
— Preparatory works.
— Provision of plant, materials, labour, supervision.
— Supplier / sub-contractor management.
— Minor construction.
— Manhole replacement.
— Concrete works and repairs including plinths & slabs.
— Small scale foundations and excavations.
— Earth removal.
— Trial pits.
— Site access roads — traffic calming measures, small scale carriageway surfacing, carriageway repairs, traffic signs, road markings within site boundary.
— Car parks.
— Wall repairs and repointing of masonry/brickwork.
— Footways — paving, concrete, grass crete, tarmacadam and repairs of the same.
— Pipework connections and fittings.
— Ancillary tanks on YW land — not process tanks.
— Concrete cutting and coring.
— Small scale chambers (e.g.) pump wet well or flow measuring chamber and repairs.
— Gates and fences (Not security).
— Interconnecting pipework.
— Plinths/Concrete Bases for MCC's, Chemical Dosing Skids, Solids Capture Units.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
The Contracting Authority reserves the right to cancel the procurement and not to proceed with the award of any contract at any stage of the procurement process and/or to award only part or parts of any contract. Save for any mandatory periods, the timescales indicated in this notice are indicative and the Contracting Authority reserves the right to amend the same.