United Kingdom-Penryn: Construction work for university buildings
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: http://www.fxplus.ac.uk
Address of the buyer profile: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/universityofexeter/aspx/home
Section II: Object
The LaunchPad and Link Building.
The Launchpad Project and Link Building — Our Reference: 909LaunchPad
Falmouth Exeter Plus (‘FXPlus’ or ‘Contracting Authority’) is the service delivery partner established by Falmouth University (Falmouth) and the University of Exeter (UoE) and manages the buildings and facilities on behalf of UoE and Falmouth at the Penryn Campus in Cornwall. The Penryn Campus is shared by UoE and Falmouth in an arrangement that is unique within the UK, FXPlus is seeking, on behalf of Falmouth University (‘Falmouth’) to procure a contractor to design and build a research and development educational facility at the Penryn Campus at Falmouth.
The buildings do not currently exist but are an important strategic project to ensure Penryn Campus provision of sufficient space to meet Falmouth's planned growth.
Please refer to Sections 11.2.4 and V1.3 of this contract notice for further information regarding this procurement.
Please also refer to the Invitation to Tender document (‘ITT’).
Penryn Campus, Penryn, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR10-9FE.
This procurement will be conducted using the open procedure pursuant to Regulation 27 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (‘PCR’). All interested parties are invited to respond to this contract notice by submitting a tender. Please note that all bidders must meet the minimum capability requirements set out in the Selection Questionnaire in Appendix D of the ITT.
The estimated total value of this contract is the range of 4 500 000—7 000 000 GBP, with the intention that the works should be completed in accordance with the timeframes stated in this notice. However, the Project is currently in the early planning stages and the value and programme for the contract may, subject to tender responses and conditions of the contract become subject to change. Interested candidates should form their own view from the review of available procurement documentation and will recognise that value is dependant on market response to this process and the value and programme may be subject to change in accordance with the conditions of the contract.
This project is called the ‘Launchpad Project and Link Building’ (Project) and is an important strategic project to ensure Penryn Campus' provision of sufficient space to meet Falmouth's planned growth forecast.
This project is part financed by European funds.
The Works comprise the design and construction of a research and development educational facility for Falmouth University. The development is comprised of 2 buildings; the Link and the Launchpad. The units are an extension of the existing AIR Building and the units are connected.
The Link Building is a three storey building that is attached to both the AIR Building and the proposed Launchpad Building. The GIFA is 448m2 GIFA with a ridge height of circa 12.5m.
The Launchpad Building is a 2 storey building that is attached to the proposed Link Building. The GIFA is 1 216 m2 GIFA with a ridge height of circa 10.1 m. The Launchpad is an ERDF funded building with a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ requirement.
Falmouth's consultancy team (Building Design Partnership — (‘BDP’) /Method Consulting) have completed the design to the end of RIBA Stage 3. These requirements are complete and no novation is required.
Method Consulting have undertaken the BREEAM Pre Assessment and it will be for the winning bidder/contractor to appoint a BREEAM assessor to complete the process for RIBA Stage 4 through to completion.
Falmouth is the process of appointing a project manager and cost consultant. The winning bidder/contractor will be required to work collaboratively with these consultants and other consultants appointed in connection with the Project in order to achieve Falmouth's requirements.
Please refer to the ITT for further information relating to this procurement.
This Project is part financed by EU funding -the Launchpad is an European Regional Development Fund (‘ERDF’) funded building (under Project No: 05R16P00611) with a BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) ‘Excellent’ requirement. BREEAM is the world's leading sustainability assessment method.
The Link Building is not funded by any European Funds.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Please refer to the Invitation to tender documents (‘ITT’) for further information.
Section IV: Procedure
Tender openings will be conducted via the In-Tend System.
Section VI: Complementary information
(1) In full compliance with PCR and the terms set out in the ITT, FXPlus reserves the right to change any part of the proposed contract and the procedure for awarding the proposed contract, to reject all or any tenders for the proposed contract and / or stop the process or cancel the procurement at any time. FXPlus also reserves the right not to award a contract at any time without any liability on its part.
(2) FXPlus reserves the right to restrict changes to a consortium membership and bidders proposed key subcontractor supply chain in accordance with requirements provided in the ITT.
(3) Nothing in this contract notice, ITT, contract documents, any other written communication to the potential bidders / bidders from FXPlus or its representatives and any oral communication to the potential bidders / bidders from FXPlus or its representatives, shall generate any contractual obligations or intention to create a contract prior to any signature of a final written contract.
(4) Falmouth is a public authority under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (‘Act’) and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (‘EIR’). As part of their duties under the Act and the EIR, Falmouth may disclose information to a person making a request unless the information is covered by an exemption under the Act or the EIR. Falmouth are required to determine whether the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing this information. Bidders should state in their tenders whether or not they consider the information supplied should be exempted from disclosure to third parties under the Act or the EIR and should provide reasons for such views. These views will be taken into consideration by Falmouth when deciding whether to disclose information. (Please see the ITT for further information).
(5) Please note that all monetary figures in the procurement documents relate to Great British Pounds.
(6) Instructions on submitting tenders.
Potential bidders are to tender for this contract opportunity by following the instructions below and submitting a tender before the submission deadline set out in the ITT:
(i) Go to: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/Universityofexeter/aspx/Home
(ii) To gain full access to the website, click on the option on the left hand side of the Home page entitled New user registration and fill in the required information on the various pages of this link. Registration is free of charge to all potential bidders. When your registration has been accepted, you will receive an email containing your Login Information. Once you have received your Login Information (or if you are already a registered user) select the Login option.
Please refer to the ITT — Invitation to tender, for further and additional information relating to the procurement.
Part 3 of PCR addresses the remedies available to economic operators. The Contracting Authority will incorporate a minimum of ten (10) calendar day's standstill period in accordance with regulation 87 of PCR prior to concluding the award of any contract pursuant to this notice.