Denmark-Copenhagen: Copernicus Land monitoring services — High Resolution Land Cover Characteristics for the 2018 reference year
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: http://www.eea.europa.eu/
Section II: Object
Copernicus Land monitoring services — High Resolution Land Cover Characteristics for the 2018 reference year
This call for tenders aims at the establishment of service contract(s) with (an) economic operator(s) covering the update and production of 4 existing High Resolution layers (HRLs), with some changes (new or modified change products mainly), for the 2018 reference year, and change products for the 2015-2018 period.
This call for tenders is divided into 4 lots:
— Lot 1: Imperviousness 2018, imperviousness change 2015-2018 and built-up 2018,
— Lot 2: Forest products: Tree cover density and Dominant leaf type and change products, as well as Forest type products,
— Lot 3: Grassland and Grassland change,
— Lot 4: Water and wetness.
Imperviousness 2018, Imperviousness Change 2015-2018 and built-up 2018
All services shall mainly be performed at the future contractor’s own premises, with occasional meetings at the EEA’s premises in Copenhagen or at other locations for Copernicus ad-hoc meetings.
This lot covers the production of 3 main products:
1) The continuation of the existing imperviousness status products for the 2018 reference year, but with an increase in spatial resolution from 20 m to (now) 10 m;
2) A continuation of the existing imperviousness change products for 2015-2018 (at 20m); and
3) A built-up component status layer for 2018 at a spatial resolution of 10 m.
The imperviousness HRL has the longest existing time series for all HRL’s, going back to a 2006, 2009, 2012 and 2015 product, and associated change products. The production method and workflow is relatively stable by now, but two significant changes as compared to the previous products are being introduced:
1) The Imperviousness status layer for 2018 will improve the spatial resolution from 20 m x 20 m pixel size to 10 m x 10 m pixel size, in line with the technological developments and improvements;
2) To provide additional value, a harmonized built-up product, that was developed by the European Commission’s Joint research centre (JRC) as part of the European settlement map (ESM), will be included, which will be based on Sentinel-2 imagery and be available fully harmonized with the imperviousness component, in the same 10 m x 10 m spatial resolution.
Copernicus - Regulation (EU) No 377/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 3.4.2014 (OJ L 122, 24.4.2014, p. 44).
Forest products: Tree Cover Density and Dominant Leaf Type and change products, as well as Forest Type products
This lot covers the second update of the Forest HRL, and follows largely the established production workflow and method to derive a main TCD (Tree cover density) and DLT (Dominant leaf type) product for the 2018 reference year. Derived “Forest” products are also included similar to the previous products. The main changes as compared to the previous Forest HRL’s are:
1) A increase in the spatial resolution to 10 m x 10 m for the status layers, in line with the other HRL’s; and
2) A simplification of the change products, based on lessons learned from the first (2012-2015) forest change products.
To allow for change products for the full available time series, these simplifications are implemented both for 2012-2015 (based on the existing 2012-2015 change products), and for 2015-2018.
Copernicus — Regulation (EU) No 377/2014 of the European Parliament and of theCouncil of 3.4.2014 (OJ L 122, 24.4.2014, p. 44).
Grassland and Grassland change
This lot covers the production of an update of the 2015 grassland products, and a first change product for grasslands. The spatial resolution for status layers will increase to 10 m x 10 m in line with the other lots.
Water & Wetness
This lot covers the production of a “rolling-archive” type update of the 2015 water and wetness baseline product. The type of update is different as compared to the other lots, since the WAW product is fundamentally mapping the frequency of occurrence of wet and water conditions over a long time period of 7 years (with 4 seasonal observations per year). In line with the other lots the 2018 reference year update of the water and wetness product moves to a 10 m x 10 m spatial resolution for the WAW product.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
As specified in sections 2.2.1 and 188.8.131.52 of the tender specifications.
Section IV: Procedure
EEA premises at Kongens Nytorv 6, 1050 Copenhagen K, Denmark.
Representatives of tenderers (1 per tenderer) are allowed to participate in the opening session. They are requested to inform EEA's procurement services in advance and at the latest by 24.9.2018 by e-mail to email@example.com
Section VI: Complementary information
During the 3 years following the entry into force of the original contract(s) the EEA reserves the right to exercise the option of conducting a negotiated procedure without prior publication of a contract notice for new services with the future contractor(s) of the lots in accordance with paragraphs (1)(e) and (4) of Article 134 of the Rules of Application of the Financial Regulation.
Internet address: http://curia.europa.eu
Internet address: http://www.ombudsman.europa.eu