Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
Germany-Cologne: Horizon 2020 Research Project: Vulnerability of Manned Aircraft to Drone Strikes
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Horizon 2020 Research Project: Vulnerability of Manned Aircraft to Drone Strikes
The general objective of the project is to achieve a validated understanding of the outcome of potential collision of mass market drones (‘threat’) with manned aircraft (‘target’), identify and recommend drone design strategies to contain the risk that drone-aircraft collision may induce on the aircraft and its occupants, define a draft design/test standard for future drones to be put on the market within the EASA open category.
List of tasks:
1) Project preparation;
2) Determination of the collision envelope;
3) Development and Validation of threat models;
4) Development and validation of models of local targets;
5) Development and Validation of collision models and synthesis report on vulnerability of manned aircraft;
6) Study the effect of collision of batteries;
7) Design and development of the ‘collision tool’;
8) Analysis and determination of design strategies for UA with low damage-inflicting potential in case of collision;
9) Recommendation for design strategies and determination of design standards and/or test standards.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information