Continued alignment of the Ukrainian regulatory regime with the EU acquis.
Within the project, one or more organisations with EU nuclear safety regulatory experience will support the regulator of Ukraine, SNRIU generally obtaining the main objectives (Outcomes) of this contract are as follows:
• Strengthened nuclear regulator (SNRIU) carrying out its duties effectively and in line with international standards and best practices;
• Nuclear legislative and regulatory framework in Ukraine harmonized with the EU and international legislation;
This will be achieved in particular with the following activities:
• Fully developed documentation and regulations for the follow up (National Action Plan) of the 1st ENSREG Topical Peer Review and the preparation (National Assessment Plan) of the 2nd ENSREG Topical Peer Review.
• Fully developed regulations in the field of Radiation Waste Management with focus on graded and integrated approach.
• Fully developed of regulations in the field of radiation sources and environmental monitoring.
• Strengthened regulatory capability of SNRIU in reviewing measures implementing load following mode at Ukrainian NPPs.
• Strengthened regulatory capability of SNRIU in reviewing measures implementing In-vessel Melt Retention system at Ukrainian NPPs.
• Transfer of knowledge, experience and best EU and international practices in the field of nuclear and radiation safety.
• Development of a comprehensive set of new and updated nuclear regulations harmonised with EU and international standards.