Help us improve the TED website by filling out our short survey!
United Kingdom-Birmingham: Road equipment
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: https://highwaysengland.co.uk
Section II: Object
Highways England Stopped Vehicle Detection
Highways England requires a Stopped Vehicle Detection (SVD) solution to detect individual stopped vehicles in live lanes on Smart Motorway All Lane Running sections of the Network in England. The SVD solution must enable early intervention and the setting of road signals that notify road users of the presence of the stopped vehicle. Highways England intends to procure a framework which it is envisaged will comprise a minimum of two lots as further detailed in this Prior Information Notice (PIN).
• to provide a Stopped Vehicle Detection (SVD) radar solution;
• roadside installation will be undertaken by third parties but the supplier will be required to commission the radar solution and may be required to support installation;
• detection technology and a supporting system which provide operators in our Regional Operational Centres with stopped vehicle alerts, enabling action to be taken to intervene;
• the solution will need to be capable of detecting any vehicle permitted to use motorways;
• lot 1 will be to meet immediate radar solution requirements. Production will commence on or around framework award, to facilitate immediate roll out, estimated to be 300-800 units, with an estimated value of GBP 7 000 000 to GBP 16 000 000.
Lot 1 – will cover immediate requirements for the provision and commissioning of a radar solution on the Strategic Road Network (SRN) that meets Highways England standards and will be published with the contract notice. The supplier will need to be capable of supplying and commissioning (and therefore will need to ensure arrangements for production of units are in place) immediately following framework award (envisaged to be awarded in Summer 2020). Given the requirement for immediate production, the solution must have already been successfully tested on the SRN. This lot will be for a single supplier and the estimated value is envisaged to be between GBP 7 000 000 and GBP 16 000 000.
• to provide a Stopped Vehicle Detection (SVD) radar and/or other technology solution;
• roadside installation will be undertaken by third parties but the supplier will be required to commission the solution and may be required to support installation;
• lot 2 will be to meet short/medium term radar and/or other technology solution requirements, with a value estimated to be between GBP 7 000 000 and GBP 16 000 000.
Lot 2 – will cover short/medium term requirements for provision and commissioning of a radar and/or other technology solutions on the SRN that meets that meets Highways England standards and will be published with the contract notice. For radar and/or other technology solutions which have not already been tested on the SRN, Highways England will facilitate testing of the solution on the SRN following framework award and it is intended to be a condition of participation in any mini-competition that the solution will have been successfully tested on the SRN. Framework award will take place in Summer/Autumn 2020. This lot will be for multi-suppliers and the estimated value is envisaged to be between GBP 7 000 000 and GBP 16 000 000.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
The indicative date for OJEU contract notice is 20 April 2020.
All procurement documents will be issued with the contract notice. All procurement documents relating to SVD will be available to download free of charge from the resourcing portal BravoSolutions (https://highways.bravosolution.co.uk). You will be required to create an account.