Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
231901-2021 - Belgium-Brussels: Production, Priority-purchasing Options and Supply of Covid-19 Vaccines, Including Adapted Vaccines to SARS-CoV-2 Variants and Paediatric Formulations of such Vaccines for EU Member States
United Kingdom-Birmingham: Computer-related services
Prior information notice
This notice aims at reducing time limits for receipt of tenders
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Unified Communications and Data Managed Service.
The ICT network that provides the infrastructure that supports access to all of UHB's software applications, data services and telephone systems has been provided since the 1.12.2006 as an outsourced managed service via UHB's PFI contract. The PFI arrangement for the ICT network ends in January 2019 and the purpose of the proposed tendering process is to put in place new contractual arrangements.
A stable and well-managed network is paramount in the delivery of high quality care to our patients and to maintaining UHB's reputation as a leader in technology.
UHB requires a resilient service for each layer of the network, covering support of hardware and software, configuration management and performance reporting.
It is UHB's intention to award contract(s) for an initial period of 5 years with an option to extend the contract(s) for 2 further 12 month periods.
The estimated total value of this requirement for the initial 5 years is circa 7 000 000 to 12 000 000 pounds.
Wide Area Network (WAN) Services
This lot requires the support/supply of data links with or without managed hardware for WAN layer infrastructure. This will cover incident management, performance monitoring and configuration management across multiple locations.
Local Area Network (LAN) Services
This lot requires the support of hardware and software for Core, Distribution and Access layer infrastructure as well as the Wireless LAN. Made up of Predominately Cisco network equipment, this will cover incident management, performance monitoring and configuration management across multiple locations, including the handling firmware/software updates when required.
Un-interruptible Power Supply (UPS)
This lot requires the support of IT related UPS infrastructure. This covers Proactive and Reactive maintenance of UPS systems.
This lot is for the support of Ethernet and LAN fibres cabling across UHB. This will cover break/fix and configuration management as well as supporting provisions, moves and changes.
Unified Communications (UC)/Telephony
This lot requires the support of all infrastructure aspects of UHB's telephony and unified communications network. This will include 2nd and 3rd line telephony support across a predominately Cisco Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) environment as well as management of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) services.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Supplier Information Event
1) UHB is seeking to hold a Supplier Information Event at Regent Court, George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1NU on Monday 24.4.2017 at 13:00. The purpose of this event is to seek views on the requirement, on the viability, and on possible delivery options. There will be presentations and questions between 13:00 and 16:00.
2) Service Providers interested in attending the Supplier Information Event should register in accordance with the instructions contained in a separate Contracts Finder Notice.
3) The lots listed above are indicative and UHB reserves the right to amend and/or reduce the number of lots following pre-tender market engagement.
4) UHB is currently considering a joint procurement exercise with the Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust for the services that are the subject of this notice.
5) Please be advised that TUPE may apply to this contract.