1) The specifications and additional documents (including questions and answers) will be available at the following web address: https://etendering.ted.europa.eu/cft/cft-display.html?cftId=2428
Interested parties are invited to register via the website. They will then be notified by the online public procurement system of any updates available for this invitation to tender. Parties not registered on the site are requested to consult it regularly. The Commission cannot be held responsible should tenderers not be aware of any additional information on this invitation to tender given on this website.
The website will be updated regularly; it is the responsibility of tenderers to check for any updates and modifications during the tendering period.
Additional information on contract terms, contract renewals, conditions for participation, minimum levels of capacity required, total estimated contract volume, etc. can be found in the specifications available on the aforementioned website. No paper version will be issued. EMAS-certified since 2005, the OIB adopts an environmentally friendly attitude. EMAS is the eco-management and audit scheme, the EU voluntary instrument used by organisations to improve their environmental performance.
2) The multiple framework contract with a maximum of 2 contractors will run for an initial 12 months, and may be renewed by tacit agreement for 3 periods of 12 months.
3) An optional site visit is planned to inform tenderers of the rules concerning customs at the JRC site. The procedures for participation are listed in the letter of invitation to tender.
4) For further information on participating in invitations to tender and on the sequence of procedures for public procurement at the OIB, please consult the 'Guide for tenderers' and the brochure 'Doing business with the European Commission', accessible via the link:
5) Additional information about authorised persons and opening procedure: 1 duly authorised representative per tenderer may attend the opening of tenders (a passport or identity card must be presented), either in Brussels or Ispra. Tenderers wishing to participate must inform Unit OIB.02.002 'Public Procurement' by fax (see number given in point I.1) 1 week before the date of the opening of tenders, at the latest.
The opening will be broadcast via videoconference to the Joint Research Centre in Ispra at the following address: via E. Fermi 2749, bâtiment 66 — TP 660, 21027 Ispra VA, ITALY.