We are happy to announce that the new version of the TED portal is going live on 29.01.2024 (indicative date - to be confirmed!) Interested in discovering the new functionalities, improvements and impact on the users? We invite you to visit our article and find out more about the main new changes and functionalities.
There are some bugs affecting the way eForms notices are displayed. We are working on solving the problem. In the meanwhile, please check our dedicated page for more information and guidance.
EU solidarity with Ukraine
Prozorro+: Ukrainian public procurement platform
Registration is open for our 4th Workshop with TED reusers, on the 14th of December 2023
Netherlands-Utrecht: Rolling stock
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Section II: Object
Double Deck Next Generation
Short general description of the contract
NS intends to conclude a contract, more specifically a purchase agreement, for the delivery of new EMUs consisting of single cars and double-deck cars (Train Sets) for passenger services in the Netherlands, including but not limited to, driving and maintenance training, documentation, support and spare parts.
The contract therefore consists of:
A. A purchase agreement containing a base order of Train Sets, at least intended for operation on the Dutch main rail network corridors including other items such as mock ups, training and documentation;
B. A support agreement;
C. A spare parts agreement(s);
D. Optional: addenda on the purchase agreement for possible additional orders of train sets.
Train set characteristics of base order
Operational service of the Train Sets on the Dutch main railway network is foreseen to start in the first half of 2027.
The base order foresees, besides the other deliverables, the supply of a total capacity of approximately 30 000 seats.
The foreseen characteristics for the base order Train Sets are, as an indication, listed below. The final characteristics will be defined in the award guidelines.
• the Train Set complies with applicable standards including but not limited to European and Dutch legislation;
• the Train Set is an electrical multiple unit (EMU);
• the Train Set consists of a combination of single-deck and double-deck cars;
• the product platform the Train Set is based upon, allows Train Set versions with a length of approximately 105 m and with a length of approximately 160 m;
• the Train Set is suitable for the 1500 V DC electrified Dutch main railway network;
• the Train Set has a service speed of 160 kmph;
• the Train Set is suitable for the ATP-systems ERTMS and ATB;
• the Train Set complies with the kinematic reference profile DE2 and for lower parts GI2
• the Train Set has a line category that does not exceed C2;
• the Train Set is suitable for a platform height of 760 mm;
• the Train Set single-deck cars offer level access from a platform height of 760 mm;
Comfort and design characteristics:
• the Train Set interior and exterior is in accordance with the NS brand design guidelines;
• the Train Set appeals to passenger needs and is in accordance with the interior lay out and zones guidelines;
• the Train Set has a comfortable interior;
• the Train Set has an interior layout, door positions and door width that offer fast access and egress
Operational and performance characteristics:
• the Train Set is able to perform services with halting distances varying from 1,5 km to 77 km;
• the Train Set is robust in operation, the impact of failures (technical or operational) is minimised by design;
• the Train Set design is based upon proven technologies;
• the Train Set has low life cycle costs;
• the Train Set has low energy consumption;
• the Train Set has a high level of reliability;
• the Train Set is sustainable by design and in use;
• the Train Set is fit for use in the Netherlands with regard to but not limited to environmental conditions and infrastructural conditions.
• as a technical option, the base order or any additional order might consider a bicourant Train Set suitable for a power supply of 1 500 V DC and 3 000 V DC.
• any other (technical) option(s) will be mentioned in the award guidelines.
In addition to the purchase agreement, NS intends to conclude a support agreement with supplier.
Spare parts agreement
In addition to the purchase agreement NS intends to conclude a (separate) spare parts agreement(s) as part of the scope of supply.
Possible additional orders
Possible additional orders are foreseen up to a total of approximately 80 000 seats to be ordered until 2036. This is mainly depending on passenger growth and developments with regard to the transport concession between NS and the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management.
The support agreement might be extended for long term support. The purpose of this long term support is provided in the selection guidelines.
As mentioned under:
— short general description of the contract under ‘D’: ‘addenda on the purchase agreement for possible additional orders of Train Sets’,
— Train Set Characteristics of base order under ‘Optional’: ‘As a technical option, the base order or any additional order might consider a bicourant Train Set suitable for a power supply of 1500 V DC and 3000 V DC’,
— Train Set Characteristics of base order under ‘Optional’: ‘Any other (technical) option(s) will be mentioned in the Award Guidelines.’
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information