This framework relates to the delivery of core services and any task orders instructed and has a core area covering the Central Area of London, which comprises the geographic area covered by London Boroughs of Camden, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth, Westminster and the City of London and such contiguous areas in London, but outside such London Borough boundaries (and outside the boundaries of the London Boroughs covered by Lot 2 and Lot 3), which have assets which TfL is responsible for as a ‘Highway Authority’ pursuant to relevant highways legislation.
The successful contractor for Lot 1 will deliver the core services and any task orders instructed where a call-off contract is placed by TfL or any of the London Boroughs listed above or other contracting authorities (as referred to in the Contract Notice) and where such Core Services and any Task Orders are to be delivered in the core area.
TfL or other contracting authorities that have a call-off contract in place with the successful Lot 1 contractor may also instruct that contractor to carry out Task Orders in the areas covered by Lot 2 and/or Lot 3.
The successful contractor for Lot 1 may also be requested (but will not be obliged) to deliver the core services and any task orders instructed in the areas covered by Lot 2 and/or Lot 3 under a call-off contract placed by a London Borough situated in Lot 2 and/or Lot 3.
The framework scope includes the following:
• highway maintenance (including emergency call out, reactive repair, routine/cyclic activities);
• construction of capital renewal and enhancement schemes;
• works and services to the following highway assets: road pavements (including, without limitation, minor repairs and resurfacing), kerbs, footways and paved areas, traffic signs, street lighting, road markings, fencing, road restraint systems (including, pedestrian guard railing), drainage, embankments and other earthworks,
Green estate, horticulture, landscaping and ecology, street furniture, bridges and other structures and any other assets treated as part of the highway fabric;
• design services associated with the highway assets described above or the core services and any task orders to be instructed, or design services for discrete highways schemes as required;
• the following services, related to the highway assets described above or related to the core services and any task orders to be instructed: safety inspections, winter service, street cleansing; response to support the customer with regard to special events e.g. Tour de France and other on-street sporting events, civic and community events and response to support the customer in responding to large scale emergencies including
Natural disasters, civil engineering pre-construction support, including construction advice, buildability reviews, value engineering reviews, cost assessment, schedule assessment, risk assessment, construction methodology assessment and engineering surveys and investigations associated with schemes or any other purpose required by the customer in undertaking its functions; and
• any ancillary or incidental works, services or supplies related to the scope described above.
Lots 1 and/or 2 also includes core services and the ability to instruct task orders on other TfL owned assets currently being delivered under other contracts, following their expiry or termination. This includes the A13 road currently being maintained under Design, Build, Finance and Operate (DBFO) arrangements due to expire in 2030.