EU solidarity with Ukraine
Prozorro+: Ukrainian public procurement platform
Belgium-Brussels: Study on the transposition by Member States of Directive 2016/943 on Trade Secrets
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Study on the transposition by Member States of Directive 2016/943 on Trade Secrets
The objective of this study is to assist the Commission in evaluating Member States' transposition and implementation of Directive (EU) 2016/943 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 8.6.2016 on the protection of undisclosed know-how and business information (trade secrets) against their unlawful acquisition, use and disclosure (the “Trade Secrets Directive”).
The place of performance of the tasks shall be the Contractor's premises or any other place indicated in the tender, with the exception of the Commission's premises.
In order to achieve the objectives of the study, the contractor will need to perform the following:
1) conduct a “completeness check”, i.e. verify whether the relevant national measures of the 28 EU Member States transpose all provisions of the “Trade Secrets Directive”;
2) provide high quality translation into English of the national measures of the 28 EU Member States related to the transposition and implementation of the “Trade Secrets Directive”;
3) conduct a “compliance check”, i.e. verify whether the relevant national measures of the 28 EU Member States are consistent with the “Trade Secrets Directive”;
4) assess accompanying provisions, i.e. identify national provisions that go beyond the respective requirements of the “Trade Secrets Directive”, assess their consistency with the “Trade Secrets Directive” and comment on their practical impact and legal consequences;
5) identify “best practices” in the implementation of the “Trade Secrets Directive".
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
avenue des Nerviens, 105 — 1040 Brussels.
An authorised representative of each tenderer may attend the opening of the bids. Companies wishing to attend are requested to notify their intention by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance. This notification must be signed by an authorised officer of the tenderer and specify the name of the person who will attend the opening of the bids.
Section VI: Complementary information
See Internet address provided in Section I.3.