United Kingdom-London: Financial consultancy services
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade
Section II: Object
International Project Finance Advisory Services
Financial consultancy services. This Notice is to inform potential providers that UK Export Finance (UKEF) will be seeking the provision of consultants for a Project Finance framework. When required, consultants will need to perform risk analysis and provide general financial/structuring advice and financial modelling. The services will be provided in relation to actual or prospective project finance transactions in respect of which UKEF support has been requested. Projects could be in a variety of business sectors but predominantly involve Infrastructure, Petrochemicals, Oil and Gas, Metals and Mining and renewables.
UK Export Finance (UKEF) will be looking to establish a framework for the provision of Project Finance Advisers. For each new project, a scope of work will be agreed and a mini-tender will be competed using this Framework. The general scope for each project will be:
1) advice in relation to structuring and negotiating: provide advice and assistance regarding the structuring and negotiation of the financial terms and conditions of the project finance transaction, including the provision of recommendations for debt sizing, loan covenants, security structure and loan tenor, such that the Project can be considered for credit approval by UKEF;
2) assessment of the viability of the Project: assessment of the viability of the Project, with a particular emphasis on financial risks, in the form of an initial findings report and an updated final report;
3) the Initial Findings Report: a report setting out the Consultant’s initial assessment of the financial viability of the Project, identifying issues that need to be addressed with the sponsors of the Project, or other parties, in order to make the Project financially viable. This will include sensitivity analysis with the project’s financial model;
4) the Final Report: a updated report produced in time for credit approval which gives the Consultant’s final view of the Project and risks;
5) presentation of the Reports: the Consultant shall make separate presentations to UKEF of its findings in respect of each of the Initial Findings Report and the Final Report at such time and place as requested by UKEF.
Please note that tenderers should be able to demonstrate the following capability and experience:
1) experience in working with Export Credit Agencies (ECAs) on Project Finance transactions;
2) experience of international Project Financing work including financial structuring, modelling and analysis;
3) experience across 2 or more sectors including upstream oil and gas, refineries, petrochemicals, nuclear, power and telecommunications.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
This Notice is for information only. The official Contracts Notice will be published shortly. To express and interest in the procurement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org