EU solidarity with Ukraine
Prozorro+: Ukrainian public procurement platform
Belgium-Brussels: Supporting the Development of a Roadmap for the Reduction of Whole Life Carbon of Buildings
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Supporting the Development of a Roadmap for the Reduction of Whole Life Carbon of Buildings
A thorough benchmarking exercise is required to understand the current situation (baseline) of whole life carbon of different kinds of buildings, built or renovated with different levels of sustainability ambition, in different parts of the EU, with different building culture, materials and climate. Equally, the potential of different kinds of solutions to reduce whole life carbon needs to be assessed, on project as well as macro level (with a particular focus on embodied carbon and its links to operational carbon). To support the development of a roadmap and national benchmarking, different stages of development will need to be taken into account, for new built as well as for renovation:
• low hanging fruit, available to most project without significant extra cost or expertise;
• other already existing solutions, ready to be replicated under certain conditions;
• actions currently at innovation/demonstration stage;
• expected future development.
The contractor's premises.
Supporting the development of a roadmap for the reduction of whole life carbon of buildings.
09 02 02 (Life Op.) Circular Economy and Quality of Life
Published in PIN OJS 071-179754 with the title: 'Sustainable Buildings – Whole Life Carbon Roadmap'.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Please consult the procurement documents available at the address indicated in section I.3).
Section IV: Procedure
Tenders will be opened electronically on the date and time indicated in the contract notice. It is possible to attend the opening by videoconference.
Section VI: Complementary information
Please note that budgetary implementation of the contract is subject to the following conditions:
* adoption of the legal basis – The Life Regulation is the instrument under which DG Environment policy implementation will be carried out for the period 2021-2027. The LIFE Regulation is expected to be published in the OJ in June 2021 and will enter into force after its publication;
* approval of the annual work programme for the respective year of implementation.
Achieving these conditions is outside the control of the contracting authority.