United Kingdom-Birmingham: Airport buildings construction work
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Main address: www.birminghamairport.co.uk
Section II: Object
Terminal Expansion Works at Birmingham Airport (TE18)
The TE18 Terminal Expansion Project is a construction project which will:
— provide an enhanced retail offer through the provision of additional retail units,
— improve customer experience by replacing existing sanitary facilities with sufficient larger toilet blocks,
— extend the existing baggage make up hall to a sufficient capacity to manage 18 000 0000 passengers per annum (mppa),
— provide a new Baggage Handling System (BHS) solution that sits within the TE18 element,
— provide sufficient airside goods storage and loading docks to support Airside Goods delivery consolidation to ensure adequate provision for the delivery of goods to airside loading bays,
— be designed to be procured in phases or remain flexible to enable the Airport to react as appropriate to changing economic conditions as they emerge.
The works will be procured via a number of trade packages which will be grouped together in 'Lots'.
Logistics (Temporary Services, Site cabins, Hoists, Logistics and General Builder)
• Provision of all temporary services (including lighting power and water) in accordance with specification
• All site setting out controls and setting out of all non trade-contractor requirements, for example the road changes to accommodate the installation of the ground works phases.
• Supply and install of a fully operational and services welfare facility providing, canteen facilities, changing rooms, toilets and office space.
• Provision if logistics support in accordance with detailed scope.
• Provision, maintenance and driver provision of 2No construction hoists. 1No passenger and goods, from apron to roof (and floors in between) & 1No goods only hoist from level 10 to 21.
• Demolition and removal of the existing Merlin building annex
• Demolition and removal of southern single storey section of the bussing lounge
• Demolition of existing suspended walkway
• Demolition of existing Stair core 46
• All required temporary works associated with the removal of stair case 46 to retail the adjoining switch room
Concrete and Groundworks
• Substructure & concrete floors & underground drainage
• All break out of existing apron concrete in a phased manner from grid line R –A and 1-7
• All excavations necessary enable the foundations from grid line R – A and 1-7
• Removal of existing underground obstruction
• Removal or redundant underground services
• Installation of new underground services and chambers
• Casting in of free issue holding down bolts
• Installation of concrete works to upper floors, level10. 21 & roof.
• Manufacture and install of concrete stairs.
Roof and Cladding
• Cladding & Glazing
• All associated design, supply and install of required cladding systems
• Including all integrated glazing systems
• Including all external doors
• Supply and install of roofing system, including all membranes, insulation, rainwater outlets and finished membrane.
• Supply and install of roofing system to Glulam atrium roof structure
• Supply and install of all copings, rainwater outlets and sealing of all service penetrations.
• All common user scaffolding as per agreed scaffolding schedule
• Provision of scaffolding services to all trade-contractors that may require it.
Grilles & Louvres
• Design supply and install of all sprinkler pipework. valves and pumps
• Supply and install of all duct work
• Supply and install of all electrical installations, including containment, wiring and end devices
• Supply and install of all main MEP plant
• Testing and commissioning of all services
• Connection, testing and commissioning of all lightning protection installation
• IT system install, testing and commissioning
• Design supply and install of all louvres throughout the building.
• Dry lining
Brick and blockwork
• All dry lining works to internal walls, lift shafts and service risers
• All required brick and blockwork back of house and front of house walls
• All suspended, lay in, feature and solid ceilings, to concourse, back of house and toilet areas.
• All required painting to walls and ceiling as per the specific drawings
• Design, supply and install of all toilet panelling systems in accordance with the BAL toilet standards
• Supply and install of all fixed, bespoke and loose furniture
• Supply and install of all internal doors including required ironmongery
• Supply and install of all architectural metal work, including stainless steel balustrades and column casings.
Hard & Soft flooring
• Design, supply and install all required areas including, concourse, back of house, toilets and retail.
Lifts and Escalators
• Design supply and install of 2No front of house escalators within the atrium area.
• Design supply and install of 2No standard lifts within staircase 46 and VCC01
• Design supply and install of 1No panoramic lift within the atrium area
• Manufacture, supply and install required way finding signage with in the building
• Manufacture, supply and install of all required emergency signage
• Manufacture, supply and install of all airline signage as required
• Design, supply and install of all required fire alarm cabling and fire devise, in accordance with the designed fire strategy
• Fire stopping
• Fire stopping to all vertical service penetrations
• Fire stopping to all horizontal service penetrations
• Structure fire stopping within risers and plant rooms
• Supply and install of living wall adjacent to newly installed escalators, Including all required access.
• Design supply and install of baggage conveyors, Make up areas, link in to existing baggage system and all associated specialist baggage IT systems.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Internet address: www.birminghamairport.co.uk