Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
Belgium-Brussels: EGNOS high accuracy service analysis
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: http://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/space/galileo/index_en.htm
Section II: Object
EGNOS high accuracy service analysis.
The present contract analyses potential user needs for a high accuracy (HA) service in view of EGNOS added value (EGNOS RIMS data, payload available to broadcast on E5b frequency on EGNOS GEO, etc.) to determine under what condition it would be beneficial to implement a HA service in the time-frame 2020–2035. The analysis shall focus on the user requirements identification and on the service provision analysis and it shall not assess how to implement the service technically at system level.
Contractor's premises or any other place indicated in the tender specifications.
The main activities of the contract are the following:
1) analyse the competitive landscape in Europe and abroad, providing an overview of which companies/service providers are already active in delivering high accuracy solutions in each user domain (e.g. rail, maritime, survey, agriculture);
2) identify user needs for high accuracy in each user domain and the service performance required. The contractor shall also analyse the potential user need for integrity, as service differentiator for critical applications requiring a timely detection of potential errors in estimates of the user position;
3) define the most demanding user requirements for the high accuracy service and have them validated by a group of experts in the relevant domains;
4) analyse the potential high accuracy service provision scheme, either via the EGNOS service provider or via dedicated service providers, and determine the main service requirements. Technical design of the transmission mean remains outside the scope of the current contract;
5) define the concrete implementation steps and a timeline for the operational introduction of the EGNOS high accuracy service;
6) analyse the costs and benefits of a high accuracy service from the point of view of users and of the high accuracy service provider.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
European Commission, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, Financial Management of Space Programmes (02).
Office address: avenue d'Auderghem 45, 1049 Brussels, BELGIUM.
An authorised representative of each tenderer may attend the opening of the bids. Companies wishing to attend are requested to notify their intention by sending an e-mail to GROW-GP2-CALL-FOR-TENDERS@ec.europa.eu at least 48 hours in advance. This notification must be signed by an authorised officer of the tenderer and specify the name of the person who will attend the opening of the bids.
Section VI: Complementary information
Internet address: http://curia.europa.eu
See Internet address provided in Section I.3 as the information is provided in the invitation to tender.