Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
United Kingdom-Liverpool: Printed matter and related products
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: https://www.gov.uk/ccs
Section II: Object
Self-Serve Print Platform
Crown Commercial Service (CCS) is seeking a self-service print platform to bring under management the high-volume, low-spend print requirements across the public sector, allowing access to a pre-qualified, dynamic and local supplier base who offer real-time pricing across the print landscape. This will enable end users to access the best solution for their print requirements based on variables including price and location.
It is anticipated that this will be through an external-facing technology platform that provides real-time access to a vendor database of local printers who can offer dynamic pricing for customers’ various print requirements.
The date of despatch is subject to change. Please see website for further updates https://ccs-agreements.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/procurement-pipeline
Crown Commercial Service (CCS) is planning an OJEU process to award a framework to a single supplier for the provision of a technology platform for a self-serve print solution. This will enable end users in the public sector to access real-time pricing on a dynamic basis from local print suppliers for a wide range of print requirements.
CCS wishes to undertake supplier engagement with suppliers who can offer a technology platform for this requirement, prior to issuing an OJEU notice. To participate please email email@example.com including RM6071 Self-Serve Print in the Subject line and provide the following details by 25.7.2018:
1) Organisation name;
2) Contact name;
3) Job title of contact;
4) Contact phone number;
5) Contact email;
6) Organisation website link;
7) Feedback on areas listed in section VI.3 of this PIN notice.
CCS may hold further market engagement sessions prior to issuing the OJEU notice with those who respond to this PIN notice.
Crown Commercial Service (CCS) will be considering:
1) A transparent solution across the full supply chain to ensure public sector customers can access the right print solution, based on price, location of supplier etc;
2) A technology platform compatible with a variety of browsers / devices etc;
3) A technology platform that can be white labelled and integrate with existing government portals;
4) The use of an automated payment process offering prompt payment for suppliers;
5) Options for managing the print supplier base - on boarding, compliance, commercial and performance perspectives;
6) Inclusion of a paper strategy;
7) Commercial model design – levies, rebates, commissions etc. and offering a cost-neutral solution to end customers;
8) Customer journeys – how to bring potential customers on board and the levels of managed service required;
9) Scope for expansion (e.g. into other fulfilment routes, creative / artwork) or utilisation of existing CCS frameworks (e.g. Courier, Post, Hybrid Mail etc.).
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information