TED website is eForms-ready since 2.11.2022. Search changed: please adapt your predefined expert queries. Discover the changes in the site news and in the updated Help Pages
EU solidarity with Ukraine
Prozorro+: Ukrainian public procurement platform
United Kingdom-Birmingham: Works for complete or part construction and civil engineering work
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Section II: Object
Tunnel and Lineside Mechanical and Electrical Systems for Phase One and Phase 2a of the HS2 Project
This procurement relates to Tunnel and Lineside Mechanical and Electrical works for the HS2 Project and HS2 Ltd intends to award a contract for the design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance until handover of the Tunnel and Lineside Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Systems works for Phase One and Phase 2a of the project.
Further information about the scope of works is set out in the remainder of this contract notice and in the pre-qualification pack (PQP). Expressions of interest are welcomed as set out in this contract notice and the PQP.
The Tunnel and Lineside Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Systems Contractor will be responsible for design, supply, manufacture, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance until handover of the Phase One and Phase 2a M&E systems in open route and tunnels, including tunnel shafts and cross-passages.
The scope of this procurement comprises a number of separate and distinct systems, which are categories under the mechanical and electrical discipline listed below:
1) Tunnel ventilation system — the purpose of the tunnel ventilation system is to provide a tenable environment within the tunnels (approximately 50 km of tunnels). This will include the delivery of the tunnel ventilation system using predominantly large axial fans in shafts (within long tunnels) and jet fans in the shorter tunnels.
2) M&E Subsystems — The purpose of the M&E subsystems is to provide some of the rail systems with power supplies and monitoring. The M&E systems include active and passive fire safety provisions within tunnels, tunnel cross passage doors (approximately 300 No) and associated system in bored and cut and cover tunnels, tunnel lighting, low voltage (LV) distribution, longitudinal handrails in tunnels, tunnel supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems and remote monitoring of equipment in shafts and key equipment in the wayside, passive provision for heating, ventilation and air conditioning, points heating and junction lighting. The overall length of open route is approximately 175 km.
Further details of the scope of this procurement are provided in the PQP and further detailed requirements and responsibilities will be set out in the invitation to tender (ITT).
HS2 Ltd is in the process of procuring a contract for the design, supply and installation of cross-passage doors. The executed cross-passage door contract will appear in the ITT documents and there will be an obligation on the tunnel and lineside mechanical and electrical systems contractor to enter into agreement to novate the cross-passage door contract from HS2 Ltd once the tunnel and lineside mechanical and electrical systems contract is awarded.
The contractor will be required to work with HS2 Ltd to procure future maintenance or technical support from original equipment manufacturers and specialist suppliers.
The estimated total combined value is between GBP 415 000, 00.00 and GBP 498 000 000.00 for phase one and phase 2a. For phase one, between GBP 370 000 000.00 and GBP 438 000 000.00 and for phase 2a, between GBP 45 000 000.00 and GBP 60 000 000.00.
Applicants are referred to the PQP for information on HS2 Ltd’s criteria for selecting applicants to be invited to tender. HS2 Ltd expects to select four (4) applicants to tender, but reserves the right in its absolute discretion to select greater or fewer applicants to tender as set out in detail in the PQP documents.
Applicants should be aware that HS2 Ltd reserves the right to omit and/or vary the scope of the procurement and/or require optional scope to be undertaken. In particular without limitation:
• the procurement will include phase 2a of the project provided that HS2 Ltd reserves the right to omit and/or vary phase 2a works at its discretion.
Tenderers will be required to price the omission of phase 2a works as an option.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Applicants are referred to the PQP documents for information about conditions for participation.
Selection criteria as stated in the PQP documents.
Applicants are referred to the PQP documents for information about HS2 Ltd’s requirements and minimum standards in relation to technical and professional ability for this procurement.
Applicants are referred to the PQP documents for information about HS2 Ltd’s rules and criteria for participation in this procurement.
HS2 Ltd reserves the right to require guarantees, bonds, collateral warranties (potentially including the grant of step-in rights) and other forms of security as appropriate to be specified in the procurement documents to be made available at the invitation to tender stage. Applicants are referred to the PQP documents for relevant information available at this contract notice stage.
The main financing conditions, payment mechanism, performance standards and incentive mechanism will be described in the procurement documents to be made available at invitation to tender stage but it is expected that the form of contract governing these arrangements will be based on the NEC3 engineering and construction contract option C. Further details will appear in the invitation to tender. Applicants are referred to the PQP for relevant information available at this contract notice stage.
HS2 Ltd will accept expressions of interest and tenders from single entities or consortia. HS2 Ltd does not require those consortia who intend to form a single legal entity to do so at the PQQ stage but may require particular legal arrangements if awarded the contract. HS2 Ltd will consider contracting with an unincorporated consortium, providing always that the participants in any Consortium are jointly and severally liable for all of the obligations of the contractor under the contract.
Applicants are referred to the PQP documents for details.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
1) To express interest in this procurement, applicants must complete PQQ and other documents referred to in the PQP on the HS2 eSourcing Portal strictly in accordance with submission deadline for PQ applications stated in PQP (PQ Application Deadline). Please note the PQ Application Deadline is a precise time and applicants should allow sufficient time to upload their PQ Applications.
2) An applicant may be a single organisation or a consortium, as detailed in the PQP.
3) An applicant may only submit one PQ Application.
4) If an applicant is invited to tender following the PQQ stage, it is referred to as a tenderer.
5) Whilst this contract is categorised as a works contract for purposes of this notice, its scope also contains significant elements of supplies and services as set out in procurement documents.
6) Section II.2.7): timescales in this contract notice are estimated based on current HS2 Ltd programme but may be subject to change.
7) A response to this contract notice does not guarantee an applicant will be invited to tender. The award process may be terminated or suspended at any time without cost or liability to HS2 Ltd. HS2 Ltd does not bind itself to enter into a contract arising out of the procedures envisaged by this contract notice. No contractual rights express or implied arise out of this contract notice or procedures envisaged by it. Any contract let by HS2 Ltd may provide that the scope or duration of the contract may be extended at HS2 Ltd’s discretion. HS2 Ltd reserves the right to vary its requirements and the procedure relating to the conduct of the award process. HS2 Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any applicants on terms set out in PQP.
8) Applicants shall be solely responsible for and liable for all costs associated with and arising out of or in connection with responding to this contract notice, PQQ and tender, howsoever incurred.
9) HS2 Ltd embraces diversity and welcomes PQ Applications from all suitably skilled and experienced economic operators of all sizes who can meet the requirements, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or age of supplier workforce and/or ownership. HS2 Ltd will actively promote sustainable procurement throughout its supply chain and welcomes PQ Applications committed to principles of reducing, reusing and recycling resources and to practices of buying responsibly.
10) The dates set out in this notice are indicative and based on the current programme. HS2 Ltd reserves the right to amend and refine this timetable and full details will appear in the tender documentation.
11) HS2 Ltd reserves the right to reject any PQ Application or tender that is not submitted in full before the relevant submission deadline.
12) HS2 Ltd reserves the right to require submission of any additional, supplemental or clarification information as it may, in its absolute discretion, consider appropriate.
13) Access to PQP documentation will be conditional upon applicants confirming that they will comply with all corresponding confidentiality obligations applicable to this procurement — confirmation must be provided via the HS2 Ltd eSourcing Portal. Further information can be obtained at: https://hs2.bravosolution.co.uk In addition all Applicants will be required to complete and submit a signed confidentiality agreement as part of their PQ Application in order to access the ITT documents in the event that an applicant is shortlisted for the ITT stage.
14) Terms with an initial capital letter used in this contract notice, the PQP and the PQQ have the meanings given in PQP section I.3).
15) Applicants should be aware that HS2 Ltd reserves the right to omit work from and/or vary the scope of the contract (including without limitation to give this work to another party) and/or require optional scope to be undertaken.
16) Interested suppliers should read the applicants guide within the PQQ docs which is a quick start guide to becoming a railway systems supplier.
HS2 Ltd will incorporate a standstill period of a minimum of 10 calendar days at the point that information on the award of the contract and the reasons for the award decision are communicated to tenderers.