Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
United Kingdom-Swindon: Engineering design services
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: https://www.ukri.org/
Section II: Object
UKSBS PR18100 Engineering Design and Drawing Framework
A component part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) is the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) which is one of Europe's largest multidisciplinary research organisations supporting scientists and engineers world-wide. It operates world-class large-scale research facilities at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL); the Daresbury Laboratory (DL); and the UK ATC, Edinburgh; provides strategic advice to the government on their development and manages international research projects in support of a broad cross-section of the UK research community.
Suppliers are required by the STFC to provide engineering design and drawing services to RAL, DL and other associated sites. The work will be required to be carried out off site and then delivered to UKRI STFC.
The requirement is divided in to two lots:
1) Basic CAD and Drafting;
2) Design and Engineering.
The intention is to have up to a maximum 10 compliant bidders in each lot that will be awarded a place on the agreement.
1) Basic CAD and Drafting
Lot 1: Basic CAD and drafting
The deliverables will include:
• develop detailed CAD Models from existing concept that are manufacture-able using conventional machining techniques;
• attend design review meetings at RAL as required;
• detail and assembly drawings to be used for manufacture (to BS.8888).
For ISIS, the ED&D requirement is for the service provider to:
• be easily contactable;
• have Solid Edge CAD software of at least version 2020. However, the bidder is expected to keep this up to date in order to meet the contracting authority’s requirements;
• have staff proficient in the use of Solid Edge;
• have standard Office software: Outlook, etc;
• have secure file storage and back-up facilities;
• be familiar with file transfer techniques;
• have staff qualified with an engineering qualification; ONC in Mechanical Engineering as a minimum;
• be able to discuss engineering concepts with IDD staff easily in English;
• be able to produce and supply all necessary views as required for design review;
• be able to create detailed engineering drawings to BS.8888;
• capability to understand general component tolerancing and geometrical tolerancing;
• be familiar with engineering concepts, materials, processes, manufacturing, techniques, etc;
• visit the RAL site when requested (and appropriate) for design discussions. Video conferencing communication is expected when site access is restricted or inappropriate.
Please visit the following link to view the requirement in full and to submit a tender response; https://delta-esourcing.com/respond/2GYTA5KS74
About UK Shared Business Services.
UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UK SBS) brings a commercial attitude to the public sector; helping our contracting authorities to improve efficiency, generate savings and modernise. Where UK SBS is not named as the contracting authority within the documentation, UK SBS will be acting as an agent on behalf of the contracting authority. Our broad range of expert services is shared by our customers. This allows our customers the freedom to focus resources on core activities; innovating and transforming their own organisations. For full details of our partner base please review the following link: http://www.uksbs.co.uk/services/procure/contracts/Pages/default.aspx
UK SBS will be using the Delta eSourcing Portal for this procurement. To register on the Delta eSourcing portal please use the link https://uksbs.deltaesourcing.com and follow the instructions to register. If you are already registered on the Delta eSourcing Portal and wish to participate in this procurement, please use the link: https://uksbs.delta-esourcing.com and the follow the instructions to ‘Login’. Once you are logged into the system you will be able to link yourself into this procurement using the access code stated in this notice. As a user of the Delta eSourcing Portal you will have access to the Delta messaging service which facilitates all messages sent to you and from you in relation to any specific tender event. Please note it is your responsibility to access these messages on a regular basis to ensure you have sight of all relevant information applicable to this opportunity. The contracting authority expressly reserves the right:
(i) not to award any contract as a result of the procurement process commenced by publication of this notice; and
(ii) to make whatever changes it may see fit to the content and structure of the procurement; and in no circumstances will the contracting authority be liable for any costs incurred by any supplier. If the contracting authority decides to enter into a contract with the successful supplier, this does not mean that there is any guarantee of subsequent contracts being awarded. Any expenditure, work or effort undertaken prior to contract award is accordingly a matter solely for the commercial judgement of bidders.
Potential extensions of a third and fourth year.
2) Design and Engineering
Lot 2: Design and Engineering
Lot 2 contains several disciplines in order to meet the required services under this lot. These are; vacuum, cryogenics, pressure, solid edge, radiation, quality system, motion control, space, mechanisms and manufacture.
• development of design concepts from written specification and verbal instruction from STFC engineers;
• development of complex designs and systems from concept through to manufacture drawings;
• engineering CAD models to be used for design discussions and reviews, informal and formal;
• detail and assembly drawings to be used for manufacture (to BS.8888);
• technical documentation and hand calculation
Within lot 2, bidders are expected to state their capability to supply at least one of the following types of work. In order to be considered to provide work within the categories below, bidders must demonstrate they are able to meet the relating requirement. If a bidder is successful in being admitted into lot 2, they will only receive invitations to quote on the category (or categories) they have demonstrated they can deliver:
vacuum; cryogenics; pressure; CAD; radiation; quality system; motion control; space; mechanisms; manufacture.
Please visit the following link to view the requirement in full and to submit a tender response; https://delta-esourcing.com/respond/79XB67A6FW
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Internet address: www.uksbs.co.uk