Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
United Kingdom-Reading: Environmental decontamination services
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: www.rbfrs.co.uk
Address of the buyer profile: www.rbfrs.co.uk/procurement
Section II: Object
Remediation works to a site at Theale, Berkshire, UK
The Authority is in the process of acquiring a site at Theale, near Reading, for the purpose of constructing a new Fire Station.
The site currently has a significant overburden of formerly deposited waste material including a range of different types of contamination that needs to be remediated as part of the site development.
The Authority is seeking to meet with contractors suitably experienced in undertaking site remediation works, who will be able to add value to the project in advance of the competitive bidding process.
New site location at Theale, Berkshire
The Authority is in the process of acquiring a site at Theale for the purpose of constructing a new Fire Station.
The site currently has a significant overburden of formerly deposited waste material including a range of different types of contamination. The site also has a small area of Japanese Knotweed that straddles the boundary with highways land.
The Authority has developed the detailed design for the new fire station, and therefore has an understanding of the requirements for the build process once the site has been remediated.
Intrusive ground investigation survey works have been undertaken previously, and the reports arising are available for review.
The Authority intends to seek competitive tenders for the site remediation works, and is therefore keen to provide sufficient information to enable potential bidders to tender for this opportunity.
In order to do this the Authority is inviting interested parties to provide a brief synopsis of the following points in writing and to meet to discuss them in more detail:
1) What, if any, additional survey works and reports are needed in order for bidders to provide a risk mitigated fixed price for the remediation works;
2) How the site can best be prepared to best facilitate the construction of the new fire station;
3) Strategies for reduction of project risk, including methods available for the removal / remediation of contamination, and undertaking testing for ground bearing capacity to establish CBR values;
4) Proposals for the most effective methods for any necessary ground improvement works;
5) How might this project be approached to best mitigate risk, and understanding the timeline options for completing this type of work using various strategies;
6) Proposals for the form of contract, and for linking the remediation contract with the contract for the build of the new fire station.
The following reports are available via registering on InTend. https://in-tendhost.co.uk/rbfrs-bmkfrs
The following reports are available for prospective bidders to review arising from previous site / ground investigation works:
Theale Fire Station Remediation Tender pack with includes:
— Conceptual Remediation Plan,
— Existing Topographical Survey,
— Phase 1 Geotechnical Desk Study Report,
— Phase 2 Grou.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Further information may be accessed via West Berkshire Council website
Planning Application Number: 17/02128/COMIND (West Berkshire Council)
Site: Land at Junction of Wigmore Lane, Bath Road, Theale, Reading.