Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
United Kingdom-Chichester: Internet services
Prior information notice
This notice is a call for competition
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Website Renewal Hosting and Maintenance
The University of Chichester is seeking a suitably experienced and skilled partner to build a new corporate website (chi.ac.uk) with the key objectives being:
• to design, develop, host, maintain and provide on-going technical support for chi.ac.uk – the University of Chichester’s primary website;
• to manage a phased transition of the website from the current supplier;
• to deliver website design, UX and development on schedule;
• to build for frictionless user experience, with a focus on accessibility requirements;
• a website with sector leading design and usability with the primary focus being the recruitment of students;
• the website must enable sustainable design and development, whilst supporting key issues such as the prevailing accessibility best practices, and statutory obligations.
Subsequently to the tendering process, the aim is to design, build, configure and test the website rapidly, to enable this to be in service by early autumn of 2021.
The University has campuses at Chichester, and Bognor Regis, West Sussex, UK.
After the completion of the tendering process, the aim is to design, build, configure and test the website rapidly, to enable this to be in service by early autumn of 2021.
Subsequently, we expect to collaborate with the provider to add new features and content and to update the web site to ensure it keeps pace with the prevailing technology, and the expectations of out customers. It important to note that this requires an approach that is intuitive and appeals to the students themselves, but also to their parents and employers, as well providing both an effective resource (for staff and partners) and contributing positively to the image of the University.
In addition to an expected initial 5 year term, the University may wish to negotiate an extension on the same terms for up to 5 further years.
The University of Chichester is situated at the Bishop Otter Campus (BOC) based in Chichester, and the Bognor Regis Campus (BRC) situated in Bognor Regis.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information