Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
231901-2021 - Belgium-Brussels: Production, Priority-purchasing Options and Supply of Covid-19 Vaccines, Including Adapted Vaccines to SARS-CoV-2 Variants and Paediatric Formulations of such Vaccines for EU Member States
United Kingdom-Birmingham: Armoured or reinforced doors
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Section II: Object
Railway Systems — Cross-passage doors
High Speed Two (HS2) Limited (“HS2 Ltd”) is the body responsible for developing and promoting the new high speed railway system known as High Speed Two (HS2). HS2 will initially run between London and Birmingham (Phase 1) but will subsequently be extended to link Birmingham to Crewe (Phase 2a) and Crewe to Manchester and the West Midlands to Leeds (Phase 2b). (Phase 2a and 2b are subject to HS2 Ltd achieving Royal Assent).
The Railway Systems incorporate without limitation the design, construction, commissioning and testing of track, overhead catenary, tunnel services and M&E, power, signalling and communications.
This particular procurement relates to a single package of goods and services for tunnel cross-passage doors as described in II.2.4 of this Notice. This package will form a contract awarded by HS2 Ltd whereby it is then the intended to novate to the successful tenderer for the tunnels and lineside M and E (including ventilation) package of work.
Within the UK. The current planning includes the construction of London to Birmingham (Phase 1) followed by the Birmingham-Crewe (2a) 1 year later (Phase 2a is subject to achieving Royal Assent).
This procurement contract includes without limitation the design, development, testing, manufacture, supply, delivery, installation, testing and commissioning of approximately between 350 and 400 cross-passage, fire-rated doorsets, at cross-passages and access/egress points in HS2’s railway tunnels within Phase 1 and Phase 2a.
Of the provisional total, approximately 350 doorsets are required at cross passages and access points in longer, bored tunnels, with typically 2 doorsets per cross passage. Approximately 25 doorsets are required in the shorter “cut-and-cover” tunnels where there is a narrow dividing wall.
The supplier will be required — by certain milestone dates in the contract — to produce evidence of a fully compliant, tested and assured system of products prior to commencing manufacture, delivery and installation of the products. HS2 Ltd will reserve certain rights (including the right to terminate or omit work from the contract) in the event that the supplier fails to meet the required conditions by the relevant milestones. Full details will be set out in the tender documentation issued to shortlisted tenderers at ITT stage.
It is intended the cross-passage doors contract will be novated to HS2 Ltd’s Tunnel and Lineside M and E (including ventilation) contractor once that contractor has been appointed by HS2 Ltd. The Tunnel and Lineside M and E contractor will become the purchaser under this contract and the supplier is likely to be required to provide a collateral warranty in favour of HS2 Ltd and potentially other stakeholders.
The manufacturing is intended to commence in time for Phase 1 delivery and installation to take place between 2023 and 2025 prior to HS2 service testing and entering revenue service in 2026. Phase 2a delivery and installation is likely to take place between 2024 and 2026 prior to HS2 service testing and entering revenue service in 2026. These dates are indicative and subject to change. The contract will include the requirement to demonstrate and achieve reliability, take due consideration of the challenging pressure and operating environment of HS2 (to be experienced in tunnels) and provide an optimum solution for the given constraints through design and testing such that the cross-passage door system is developed to withstand the predicted HS2 pressure and operating environment for the duration of HS2’s desired service life. Further details are provided in the PQP documentation.
Applicants should be aware that HS2 Ltd reserves the right to omit and/or vary the scope of the contract and/or require optional scope to be undertaken. Further information in relation to scope, value of this Package and value of HS2 Ltd’s options is included in the PQP. In particular without limitation, the contract will include Phase 2a of the Project provided that HS2 Ltd reserves the right to omit Phase 2a goods and services at its discretion.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Applicants are referred to the PQP for information about conditions for participation.
Applicants are referred to the PQP for information about HS2 Ltd’s requirements and Minimum Standards in relation to technical and professional ability.
Applicants are referred to the PQP for information about HS2 Ltd’s rules and criteria for participation.
HS2 Ltd reserves the right to require guarantees, bonds, collateral warranties (potentially including the grant of step-in rights) and other forms of security as appropriate to be specified in the Procurement Documents to be made available at Invitation to Tender (ITT) stage. Applicants are referred to the PQP for relevant information available at this Contract Notice stage.
The main financing conditions, payment mechanism, performance requirements and incentive mechanism will be described in the Procurement Documents to be made available at ITT stage but it is expected that the form of contract governing these arrangements will be based on the NEC3 (April 2013) Contract suite. Further details will appear in the Invitation to Tender. Applicants are referred to the PQP for relevant information available at this Contract Notice stage.
HS2 Ltd will accept expressions of interest and tenders from single entities or Consortia. HS2 Ltd does not require those Consortia who intend to form a single legal entity to do so at the PQQ stage. HS2 Ltd will consider contracting with a Consortium, providing always that the participants in any Consortium are jointly and severally liable for all of the contractual obligations under any future contract.
Applicants are referred to the PQP for details.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
1) To express interest, Applicants must complete the PQQ on the HS2 eSourcing portal https://hs2.bravosolution.co.uk strictly in accordance with the submission deadline for PQ Applications stated in the PQP (PQ Application Deadline). Note the PQ Application Deadline is a precise time and Applicants should allow sufficient time to upload PQ Applications;
2) an Applicant may be a single organisation or a Consortium as detailed in the PQP;
3) an Applicant may only submit one PQ Application;
4) if an Applicant is invited to tender following the PQQ stage, it is referred to as a Tenderer;
5) Section II.2.6 (Phase 1: 54 686 140 GBP to 64 694 061,38 GBP and Phase 2a: 6 165 594 GBP to 8 220 792 GBP) is the value of the Package as estimated and based on 2018 prices;
6) whilst this contract is categorised as a supplies contract for the purposes of this Notice, its scope also contains significant elements of works and services as set out in the Procurement Documents. All quantities expressed in this Notice are approximate and HS2 Ltd reserves the right to amend or revise such quantities and in any event, further details of requirements will be set out in ITT documents issued at ITT stage;
7) a response to this Contract Notice does not guarantee an Applicant will be invited to tender. The award process may be terminated or suspended at any time without cost or liability to HS2 Ltd. HS2 Ltd does not bind itself to enter into any contract arising out of the procedures envisaged by this Contract Notice. No contractual rights express or implied arise out of this Contract Notice or the procedures envisaged by it. Any contract let by HS2 Ltd may provide that the scope or duration of the contract may be extended at HS2 Ltd's discretion. HS2 Ltd reserves the right to vary its requirements and the procedure relating to the conduct of the award process. HS2 Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any Applicants on terms set out in the PQP;
8) applicants shall be solely responsible for and liable for all costs associated with and arising out of or in connection with responding to this Contract Notice and the PQQ and submitting any tender, howsoever incurred;
9) HS2 Ltd embraces diversity and welcomes PQ Applications from all suitably skilled and experienced economic operators of all sizes who can meet the requirements, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or age of supplier workforce and/or ownership. HS2 Ltd will actively promote sustainable procurement throughout its supply chain and welcomes PQ Applications from economic operators committed to principles of reducing, reusing and recycling resources and to practices of buying responsibly;
10) all dates set out in this Contract Notice are indicative and based on the current programme. HS2 Ltd reserves the right to amend and refine this timetable and full details will appear in the ITT documents;
11) applicants must allow sufficient time for uploading full PQ Applications and tenders. HS2 Ltd reserves the right to reject any PQ Application or tender not submitted in full before the relevant submission deadline;
12) HS2 Ltd reserves the right to require the submission of any additional, supplemental or clarification information as it may, in its absolute discretion, consider appropriate;
13) access to PQQ and ITT documents will be conditional upon HS2 Ltd receiving a confidentiality agreement in advance;
14) Phase 2a is included in this procurement; specific arrangements and logistics for Phase 2a delivery will be described in the documents to be made available at ITT stage;
15) terms with an initial capital letter used in this Contract Notice, the PQP and the PQQ have the meanings given in PQP Section 1.3 (Definitions);
16) applicants are required to express interest by registering on the HS2 Ltd eSourcing Portal (www.hs2.bravosolution.co.uk). Registering is only required once;
17) For assistance contact helpdesk JAGGAER Advantage Email email@example.com — Tel +44 8003684850
HS2 Ltd will incorporate a standstill period of a minimum of 10 calendar days at the point that information on the award of the contract(s) and the reasons for the award decision are communicated to tenderers.