Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
The Conference on the Future of Europe is your chance to share your ideas and shape the future of Europe. Make your voice heard!
United Kingdom-Dundee: Petrol/gas stations construction work
Concession award notice
Results of the procurement procedure
Section I: Contracting authority/entity
Section II: Object
Concession notice for the hydrogen refueling station at Michelin Scotland Innovation Parc
Michelin Scotland Innovation Parc ltd is joint venture between Michelin, Scottish Enterprise and Dundee City Council. It was formed to drive growth and diversity in the Scottish economy focused on sustainable mobility and low carbon energy.
The Dundee Hydrogen Bus Deployment Project is being delivered to enable the growth in hydrogen mobility in the region, commencing with hydrogen buses and the hydrogen refuelling infrastructure.
Michelin Scotland Innovation Parc is seeking to procure a specialist company to:
- design, build, commission, maintain and operate a Hydrogen Refuelling Station on the Parc
- to generate and supply green hydrogen for a minimum of 12 hydrogen fuel cell electric buses and any additional clients within the period of the contract
- to provide a capital contribution for the installation and operations to enable hydrogen supply by early 2022
Dundee - Michelin Scotland Innovation Parc
The principal objective of this procurement is to appoint a single Contractor to provide the following works to Michelin Scotland Innovation Parc in relation to a Concession Agreement for the production and delivery of green hydrogen as laid out below:
- Design, manufacture, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance over a period to be determined, but estimated to be in the region of 7 years:
- Electrolysis or an equivalent clean technology as the means of green hydrogen generation
- Gas compression and storage, optimising use of on-site generation of renewable energy
- Dispensing and payment services
- The station is to be designed to have sufficient generation capacity to supply the requirements of the proposed Dundee Hydrogen Bus Deployment Project, whilst retaining sufficient surplus capacity to accommodate an additional requirement from a range of vehicles/clients (estimated capacity of c.500kg).
- Future scalability of refuelling to meet demand and connection types should be considered.
- The electrolysis is expected to utilise the output of the two on-site wind turbines and potential solar array.
- The hydrogen refuelling station is to be part-funded through a combination of Public Sector capital grants from Dundee City Council and Transport Scotland, and a capital contribution from the successful bidder.
- The supply of hydrogen for the buses within the Dundee Hydrogen Bus Deployment Project will be at an agreed price per kg
Further description is presented in the Call for Applications Document.
FCH JU JIVE2 Dundee Hydrogen Bus Deployment Project
Economic operators may be excluded from this competition if they are in any of the situations referred to in Regulation 40 of the Concession Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2016.
Section IV: Procedure
Section V: Award of concession
Section VI: Complementary information
This is a call for applications to participate in a procurement.
To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at https://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=635283.
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available at https://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems