Denmark-Munkebo: Construction work
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Main address: https://www.lpo.dk
Section II: Object
Expansion of the port of Odense.
The contract put out for tender is a turnkey contract for the expansion of the port of Odense comprising extending quays, dredging of the new harbour bassin and the new quay and dredging and removal of any soft deposits locally behind the new quay including disposal of dredged but non-reusable materials, reclamation behind the quay and in hinterlands and establishment of revetment at the northern boundary of the reclaimed area. Pavement work on quay aprons and hinterlands with bound pavements, designing future pavement on hinterlands and establishment of drainage systems for quay aprons and hinterlands with bound pavements. All planning, design and authorities processing is also included in the contract.
The tender is a negotiated procedure and the procedure is further described in the Generel Terms of the tender documents.
The contract put out for tender is a turnkey contract for the expansion of the port of Odense, comprising all planning, design, authorities processing and execution work for the project.
The scope of the work divided into professional disciplines is as follows:
Port structures: Establishing a 125 meter extension of Quay 76 and a 250 meter section-quay and a 660 meter main quay, all with a water depth of 11.0 meters, prepared for a future minimum water depth of 12.5 meters and with associated quay equipment (bollards, quay ladders, fenders etc.). Establishing a wing wall (retaining wall) at the northern end of the main quay of approximately 40 meters.
Dredging and reclamation: Dredging of the new harbour bassin including reclamation and re-use or disposal of dredged material and re-use of cohesive material. Dredging of new basin between the fairways and the new quay including disposal of dredged but non-reusable materials and re-use of cohesive material. Dredging and removal of any soft deposits located behind the new quay including disposal of dredged but non-reusable materials. Reclamation behind the quay at a width corresponding to the quay aprons, using clean friction materials up to the bottom of the base layer for surfacing. Reclamation in hinterland. Removal of the existing revetment at the northern end of Quay 76 and establishment of a new revetment at the northern boundary of the reclaimed area.
Roads and pavements: Pavement work on the quay aprons and on the hinterlands with bound pavements. Design of future pavements on hinterlands. Special pavement for the crane site.
Installations: Establishment of drainage systems for the quay aprons and on the hinterlands with bound pavements.
All candidates are invited to an information meeting which will be held in the prequalification period on 2.11.2017 at 10 am at LINDØ Port of ODENSE A/S, Kystvejen 100, 5330 Munkebo.
The tenderes will not receive remuneration for submitting the tenders.
The tender is a negotiated procedure. However, LINDØ Port of Odense A/S reserves the right to award the contract solely on the basis of the initial tender.
All tenders are binding including the initial tender.
The contracting authority will invite four applicants to participate in the tender process. If there are more than four suitable applicants which meet the minimum requirements, the selection of the four to be invited will be done by evaluating which applicants have the best and most relevant references based on an assessment of the relevance of the reference projects in the applicants list of works concerning projects of port expansions. When evaluating the applicants emphasis will be on the following criteria not mentioned in order of priority:
1) The contract value of the references in relation to the contract concerned. The value that will be evaluated is the value of the applicants' actual contribution to the performance of the reference contract (not including work completed by any sub-contractors or consortium members).
2) Whether the references are of the same complexity as the contract that is out for tender, i.e. includes port expansion with quay structures including sheet piling, quay capping and quay aprons with comparable water depths as well as dredging in equivalent soil types and, reclamation for port expansion projects.
3) The contemporaneity of the references, i.e. the year/date when the contracts for which the references relate have been initiated or completed. References concerning projects initiated or completed within the last 12 months before the deadline for applying for prequalification will be evaluated higher than earlier references.
The following project parts/works (further description in the tender documents) are defined as options and are comprised by the contract if LINDØ Port of Odense A/S decides to call these options:
Option 1 — Heavy load plate in Area 3a. Reference is made to GT section 2.3.
Option 2 — Pavement in Area 6. Reference is made to GT section 2.3.
Option 3 — Pavement in Area 15. Reference is made to GT section 2.3.
LINDØ Port of Odense A/S will announce whether one or more of the options will be comprised by the contract no later than 5 days before signing the contract.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
The applicants shall deliver a ‘European Single Procurement Document’ (also referred to as the ESPD) in which the applicants must provide declarations on the applicants sufficient economic and financial ability to complete the contract.
1) It is a minimum requirement that the applicant has had an equity of minimum 15 000 000 EUR each year for the last 3 completed financial years before the expiration of the application deadline or in the period since the incorporation of the company.
2) It is a minimum requirement that the applicant within the last 3 completed financial years before the expiration of the application deadline or in the period since the incorporation of the company, has had an average yearly turnover of min. 20 000 000 EUR.
3) It is a minimum requirement that the applicant has had a solvency ratio of min. 15 % in each of the last three completed financial years before the expiration of the application deadline or in the period since the incorporation of the company. The solvency ratio is calculated as the company's equity divided by the company's total assets.
4) It is a minimum requirement that the applicant has a sum insured for business and product liability insurance and all-risk insurance for which the contracting entity is co-insured and that also covers third parties, with a minimum coverage per claim per year of 10 000 000 DKK.
The applicants shall deliver a ‘European Single Procurement Document’ (also referred to as the ESPD) in which the applicants must provide declarations on the applicants' sufficient experience and technical capacity to complete the contract.
1) It is a minimum requirement that the applicant is able to document having initiated or completed a delivery of at least one contract comparable to the contract that is out for tender, meaning a port expansion including all of the following elements:
— Establishment of quays, including sheet piling, quay capping and quay apron,
The reference project must have been completed or initiated after 1 January 2014 and the value of the applicants' actual contribution to the performance of the following three elements (not including work completed by any sub-contractors or consortium members); establishment of quays, including sheet pile walls, quay capping and quay aprons and the execution of reclamation and dredging combined, must have amounted to minimum 10 000 000 EUR of the total contract.
2) It is a minimum requirement that the applicant is able to document that the applicant has a quality management system, based on the requirements set out in DS/EN ISO 9001 ‘Quality Management Systems — Requirements’ and DS/EN ISO 9000 ‘Quality Management Systems — Fundamentals and vocabulary’ or equivalent.
The winning tenderer must within a period of 10 work days of the conclusion of the contract provide security for the due performance of his obligations towards the employer/contracting authority amounting to 10 % of the contract price not included VAT.
Further reference is made to the tender documents.
If the contract is awarded to a group of applicants (consortium), the participants must assume joint and several liability for the performance of the contract and appoint an applicant among the participants with joint and several liability to act for the consortium/group.
The contract is based on ABT 93 with amendments and additions.
The contractor is obliged to observe the working conditions and social clauses stated in the ‘Standard conditions for suppliers of construction and civil engineering operations and service provisions to The Port of Odense’ which is included in the tender documents.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
LINDØ Port of Odense A/S will exclude applicants who have been declared bankrupt, are undergoing insolvency management or whose circumstances match those listed in Section 137 (1) 2 of the Danish Act on Tenders, cf. Section 10 of statutory instrument No. 1624, or — taking into account the principle of proportionality — applicants for which LINDØ Port of Odense A/S has sufficient plausible indication to conclude that the applicant or tenderer has entered into an agreement with other economic operators aimed at distorting competition, cf. Section 137 (1) 4 of the Danish Act on Tenders, or LINDØ Port of Odense A/S is able to demonstrate that the applicant has undertaken to unduly attempted to influence LINDØ Port of Odense A/S' decision-making process, cf. Section 137 (1) 6 of the Danish Act on Tenders. The applicant must include such information in ESPD, part III.
The applicants must enclose an ESPD-document with their application. In accordance with the EU directive 2014/24 art. 59, paragraph 4, cf. the EU directive 2014/25 art. 80, paragraph 3, LINDØ Port of Odense A/S will before awarding the contract require the tenderer to which it has decided to award the contract to submit up-to-date supporting documents. If the information is found to be sufficient the tenderer will be awarded the contract.
The tenders inclusive all appendices shall be submitted in Danish or English, and the communication between LINDØ Port of Odense A/S and the tenderers shall be in English or Danish.
Internet address: https://erhvervsstyrelsen.dk/klagenaevnet-for-udbud
1) Complaints from an unsuccessful applicant over the contracting authoritys rejection of the applicants application to participate must be submitted within 20 calendar days with effect from the day following the date on which the contracting authority has informed the applicant of its decision, provided that the contracting authority has provided a brief description of the reasons for its decision.
2) Other complaints must be submitted within 45 calendar days with effect from the day following the day upon which the contracting authority announces in the Official Journal of European Union that the contract has been entered into.
Internet address: www.kfst.dk