Mostra versione ridotta
Bosnia-Erzegovina-Sarajevo: BERS - Servizi di consulenza da parte di un ingegnere, conformemente al Libro giallo della FIDIC, per l'esame e l'approvazione (revisione) della documentazione relativa al controllo dei lavori di costruzione della centrale idroelettrica di Vranduk
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Project name: Una Kostela and Vranduk Hydro Power Projects
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Business sector: Power and Energy
Project ID: 7768-EOI-44199
Funding source: EBRD loan proceeds
Type of contract: Consultancy Services
Type of notice: Invitation for Expressions of Interest
Issue date: 18th December 2014
Closing date: 29th January 2015, 14:00
The Invitation for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project published in Procurement Opportunities, on the EBRD website 24th January 2013 and updated 14th March 2014.
JP Elektroprivreda BiH d.d.-Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (EPBiH) intends using the proceeds of an EBRD loan towards the cost of Una Kostela and Vranduk Hydro Power Projects. This notice relates to engagement of the Engineer for HPP Vranduk project.
EPBiH is currently conducting a tender procedure for selection of Contractor for design, manufacturing, supply and installation of equipment, civil works, testing and commissioning of Hydropower Plant Vranduk. The FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build – Yellow Book (First edition 1999) will be used for implementation of Contract.
The Contract for design and construction is expected to start in March 2015.
The main objective of the assignment for Consultancy Services is to make a review and approval (revision) of documentation prepared by the Contractor and to conduct a supervision of HPP Vranduk construction. Engineer shall carry out the duties assigned to him in Contract, according to FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build (First edition 1999) and other duties stipulated in Contract with the Employer.
HPP Vranduk is located in the municipality of Zenica, at the location between the city of Zenica and Nemila, in the vicinity of Vranduk settlement. HPP Vranduk is a new diversion, run-of-the-river hydropower plant that will operate continuously with a maximum upper water level of 293.50 m a.s.l. and small water storage reservoir. It has been designed with an operating capacity of around 20 MW of installed power, produced by three Kaplan turbine generator units (one small at the dam for ecological flow and two units in the main powerhouse). The electricity generated will be transferred to the transmission and local distribution network for the benefit of domestic end-users.
HPP Vranduk consists of the following main components:
- A new dam with a small generating unit, a fish ladder and a gate storage chamber;
- An intake structure upstream on the left river bank;
- A power tunnel on the left side of the river upstream from the dam site between the intake structure and the powerhouse;
- A surge tank;
- A powerhouse, control building, assembly plateau and switchgear building downstream at the end of the power tunnel;
- Water storage reservoir, 6 km long;
- New access roads and reconstruction of existing roads
- A tailrace between the powerhouse and the downstream riverbed;
- Deepened downstream riverbed between the Bosna IV bridge and the village of Nemila (approximately 2.5 km);
- Temporary cofferdams for the construction of the dam (in two phases) and of the powerhouse, as well as for allowing the connection of the intake structure to the power tunnel.
The Engineer's tasks are:
- Carrying out of all duties assigned to him in Contract according to FIDIC Yellow Book and Consultancy Contract with the Employer;
- Instructions to the Contractor necessary for execution of works and development of Project;
- Review and/or approval (official revision in accordance with local legislation) of documentation – main, detailed and as-built design;
- Approval of Construction Environmental and Social Management Plan (CESMP) and monitoring of its implementation;
- Approval of other action plans and monitoring of their implementation;
- Audit of Quality Assurance System developed by the Contractor, Quality Control;
- Inspection of the Plant and Materials;
- Supervision of testing of Plant and Materials in factory;
- Supervision of testing of Plant and Materials on site;
- Supervision of construction works;
- Supervision of testing and commissioning of facility, issuing of Performance and Taking-Over Certificate;
- Monitoring of actual progress and Issuing of Payment Certificates;
- Making of fair determination in case of disagreement between Contractor and Employer;
- Solving the Variation and Claim requests;
- Submission of progress and other reports to the Employer;
All activities shall be performed in accordance with local legislation.
EPBiH has contracted consultancy services for assisting and advising in procurement and project management of HPP Vranduk Project with international consultant Studio Pietrangeli from Italy.
Engineer is required to work in close cooperation with the international consultant.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment expected start date and duration: The assignment is expected to start in May 2015 and last about 44 months, excluding Defects Notification Period of Construction Contract.
Estimated nos. of man-months for the Assignment: Approximately 320 man months for key and other experts and 150 man months for auxiliary technical and administrative staff.
The Consultant must determine whether any VAT would be chargeable on the services and the basis for that determination, without taking into consideration the Bank's special status as an IFI and state this to the Bank in their response to the Invitation for Expressions of Interest. To the extent that a consultant incurs input VAT on goods and services purchased in connection with the provision of services (e.g. VAT on airline ticket) which is not otherwise recoverable by the consultant from the local tax authority, the gross cost to the Consultant of such expenses shall be treated as a reimbursable expense.
Funding Source: Through EBRD loan proceeds.
Eligibility Restrictions: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Employer is seeking for skilful and experienced Consultant who is able to exercise the role of the Engineer in a way which ensures a successful project development. A firm of consultants will be engaged for this assignment and is expected to procure the services of a multidisciplinary team of both international and local experts as appropriate.
Consultant is expected to have relevant expertise and experience from similar assignments involving Yellow FIDIC Engineer services in energy or infrastructure projects and similar assignments in consulting (design review and supervision) services for hydropower plant projects. In addition, relevant experience from EBRD's countries of operation would be seen as an advantage.
In order to determine the capability and experience of consulting firms seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted shall include the following:
(a) brief overview of the firm/group of firms including company profile, organisation and staffing;
(b) details of similar experience of firm or group of firms and related assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, percentage carried out by consultant in case of association of firms or subcontracting, main activities, objectives;
(c) Economic and financial standing of candidate (this includes all partners in a consortium) for each year in the last three (3) years (2011-2013). The average annual turnover of the candidate must be at least Euro 2,000,000 for each year in the last three (3) years (2011-2013);
(d) CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
CVs of staff are limited to maximum 4 pages per CV for the following key experts who could be available for the assignment:
– Engineer-Supervision Coordinator
– Main QA/QC Engineer
– Claim Expert
– Main Civil Engineer for Construction
– Main Tunnel Engineer
– Main Engineer for Mechanical Equipment
– Main Engineer for Hydromechanical Equipment
– Main Engineer for Electrical Equipment and Telecommunications
The above mentioned staff must be registered experts (with professional licence/exam according to local legislation) with minimum 10 years of experience in nominated activities (15 years for Supervision Coordinator), experienced in both – revision of technical documentation and supervision of works. If not, separate candidates shall be assigned for revision and works supervision.
The firms shall possess the following licences:
- Licence from Federal Ministry of Physical Planning for design of hydrotechnics structures in accordance with Regulation on type and content, labelling and saving, control and verification of investment-technical documentation and licence for performing of geotechnical design and execution of geotechnical investigation in accordance with the Regulation on the Construction Site, compulsory documentation on site and participants in the construction activities.
- Licence from Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Water Management and Forestry to prepare documents which are a basis for issuing of water acts for complex water facilities or activities regulated in the group A, art. 4 in accordance with the Regulations on the conditions and criteria to be met by a legal entity for preparation of documents which are a basis for issuing of water acts according to the Article 120 - Law on water of FBiH;
- Licence from Federal Ministry of Energy, Mining and Industry to perform the activities related to geology investigation in accordance with the Law on geological investigation of FBiH;
For obtaining of required licences, candidates may contact the following relevant federal ministries:
Federal Ministry of Physical Planning www.fmpu.gov.ba
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Water Management and Forestry www.fmpvs.gov.ba
Federal Ministry of Energy, Mining and Industry www.fmeri.gov.ba
In case the candidate does not possess the above mentioned licences, he will provide a statement confirming that he will promptly obtain, prior to contract award, the required licences.
The above information should not exceed 25 pages excluding CVs and financial standings.
One original and two numbered hard copies together with electronic copy on CD-Rom of the above information in English should be submitted to the Client in an envelope marked "Expression of Interest for HPP Vranduk Project: Consulting Services for review and approval of project documentation and supervision of works for construction of HPP Vranduk – Yellow FIDIC based Engineer" to reach the EPBiH not later than the above closing date.
Further information may be obtained from:
Attn. Mrs. Zijada Kapetanović-Bešlagić, JP Elektroprivreda BiH d.d.- Sarajevo – Project Implementation Unit PIU, Vilsonovo Šetalište 15, 71000Sarajevo, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, e-mail: email@example.com Tel: 00 387 33 751 042. Fax: 00 387 33 751 033