Informieren Sie sich auf unserer COVID-19-Seite über Ausschreibungen im Zusammenhang mit dem Bedarf an medizinischer Ausrüstung.
das Vereinigte Königreich-Ashford: Dienstleistungen des Gesundheitswesens
Abschnitt I: Öffentlicher Auftraggeber/Auftraggeber
Abschnitt II: Gegenstand
Acute Response Team – Provision of GP Support
The primary aim of the ART is to enhance the level of integration of a range of services to ensure a more timely and appropriate service response for:
(i) those patients who are in the community and are at risk of attendance/admission to hospital; and
(ii) those patients who have arrived in A&E and could be cared for in the community. Contract is for 12 months from 1 October 2020.
(i) those patients who are in the community and are at risk of attendance/admission to hospital: and
(ii) those patients who have arrived in A&E and could be cared for in the community.
Key service involvement:
• primary care,
• rapid response,
• Age UK,
• social care.
The ART delivers:
• a single integrated acute response across a patient pathway;
• a front door single response, which is able to move patients across systems using the most appropriate skills and resources;
• to be able to provide a quicker more timely response;
• to reduce hand offs;
• to keep patients at home;
• to return patients home first or to an appropriate ‘bed’.
Key system wide aims include:
• improvements in integrated working across health and social care services;
• ensuring the provision of the most appropriate care in the most appropriate setting;
• reducing the level of avoidable admissions to a hospital bed;
• maintaining and improving levels of patient independence.
1) to provide medical care for patients on the Complex ART caseload 7 days per week during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.;
2) to provide prescriptions for patients as required;
3) to ensure clear communication between Complex ART and the patient’s registered Thanet GP;
4) to provide medical leadership within the Complex ART.
The service will provide medical support and care. The provision will be as follows:
• providing advice to the wider clinical team;
• treating patients when necessary;
• assessing patients;
• visiting patients in their own homes;
• providing prescriptions as necessary;
• review patients on ART caseload;
• liaising with other provider e.g. SECAmb, EKHUFT, KCHFT, Thanet GP Practices.
The model for the service will be as follows:
• 7 days per week 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.;
• the GP will work on a rota basis with the ART Senior Clinical Decision Maker;
• patients will be registered with a Thanet GP.
Abschnitt IV: Verfahren
Following the advertisement of a prior information notice there was a lack of willing providers to register their interest apart from Thanet CIC, therefore under regulation 32 (2a) NHS Kent and Medway CCG’s are exercising their exemption under the Public Contract Regulations 2015. Thanet CIC following due diligence process have passed the NHS Kent and Medway CCG standards to provide this service therefore Kent and Medway CCG have appointed Thanet CIC to provide said services and this notice is intended to inform the market place of such an award of contract.
Abschnitt V: Auftragsvergabe/Konzessionsvergabe
Abschnitt VI: Weitere Angaben