United Kingdom-Bakewell: Dam construction work
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk
Main address: http://www.moorsforthefuture.org.uk/tenders
Section II: Object
MFF 89 2019-20 Whole Site Works South Pennines
The objective of this contract is to deliver a suite of works on 9 upland Sites in the South Pennines SAC. The sites are split into 4 packages of work. The aim of this works suites are to stabilise and revegetate bare peat, restore hydrology, and increase biodiversity on the sites.
The works comprise the following tasks:
1) Supply delivery and storage of materials as required;
2) Forwarding of materials and equipment including airlifting;
3) Installation of stone dams;
4) Installation of peat dams;
5) Installation of peat bunding;
6) Re-profiling of hags and gully sides;
7) Installation of timber dams;
8) Installation of heather bales into gullies and peat pans;
9) Spreading of heather brash on bare peat;
10) Spreading of lime, seed, and fertiliser;
11) Cutting of vegetation;
12) Planting of sphagnum plug plants, sedge and dwarf shrub plug plants;
13) Rhododendron clearance;
14) Stock fencing;
15) Application of glyphosate and dwarf shrub seed;
16) Removal of waste materials.
Heptonstall and Widdop
Heptonstall and Widdop, given in location maps in the tender and are situated in Calderdale District and close to Hebden Bridge.
1) Stone dams 750 kg stone 600 dams;
2) Peat dams 209;
3) Peat Bunding ha 118;
4) Rhododendron clearance ha 22;
5) Sphagnum planting Ha 300;
6) Fencing (12 stiles, 3 field gates) metres 3036;
7) Hand application lime seed and fertiliser ha 0.4;
8) Supply Brash Bags 85;
9) Glyphosate spraying ha 36;
10) Dwarf shrub plug planting Ha 36;
11) Dwarf shrub seeding Ha 36;
12) Removal of waste materials.
LIFE14/NAT/UK/000070 “MoorLIFE 2020
Warley, Oxenhope, Thornton and Midgley
Warley, Oxenhope, Thornton and Midgley, given in location maps in the tender and are situated in Calderdale District and close to Hebden Bridge.
1) Heather bales 1476;
2) Timber dams 68;
3) Peat dams 24;
4) Reprofiling metres 40;
5) Molinia cutting ha 4;
6) Heather cutting ha 10,6;
7) Sphagnum planting Ha 344;
8) Hand application lime seed and fertiliser ha 3.7;
9) Supply brash bags 745;
10) Dwarf shrub plug planting Ha 41;
11) Removal of waste materials.
Rishworth Common and Moss Moor
Rishworth common and moss moor given in location maps in the tender and are situated in Calderdale District and close M62 between Rochdale and Huddersfield.
1) Stone dams 750 kg stone 112;
2) Heather bales 396;
3) Timber dams 32;
4) Hand application lime seed and fertiliser ha 3,63;
5) Supply brash bags 741;
6) Removal of waste materials.
Turley Holes and Higher House Moor and Langfield Common
Turley Holes and Higher House Moor and Langfield Common situated in the Calderdale District to the east of the A6033 between Littleborough and Todmorden.
1)Stone dams 750 kg stone 482
2) Heather bales 1 428;
3) Timber dams 48;
4) Heather cutting Ha 0,1;
5) Hand application lime seed and fertiliser ha 7,39;
6) Supply of brash 1508 bags;
7) Reprofiling metres 290;
8) Removal of waste materials.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information