Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
United Kingdom-Birmingham: Works for complete or part construction and civil engineering work
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Technical Surveys and Testing — Pavement (Intrusive)
Highways England is seeking to appoint contractors to deliver intrusive pavement surveys. Further details can be found in the Information Memorandum.
Yorkshire and North East (Region), North West (Region), East (Region), Midlands (Region), South East (Region), South West (Region).
Surveys including but not limited to:
• coring of pavements to determine the pavement structure, layer thicknesses and condition as well as the extent of pavement deterioration;
• trial pitting and sampling by hand or mechanically, including the location and identification of utilities and services;
• dynamic cone penetrometer (DCP);
• excavation round vehicle restraint systems (VRS) posts to check condition;
• laboratory testing of samples to determine physical properties.
Contracts are to be awarded in each of the following geographical
Regions: Yorkshire and North East, North West, East, Midlands, South East, South West. The total value is split between all six regions evenly.
This procurement is subject to bidding restrictions and there will be award rules in place. The SQ document suite including the information memorandum provide further details.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Organisations please note that where there are existing Highways England contractual arrangements for surveys, it is expected that once these existing arrangements expire, the new contracts from this procurement will be used.
Highways England will incorporate a minimum 10 day standstill period at the point information on award of the contract is communicated to tenderers.
Appeals should be lodged in accordance with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (SI 2006 No 5) as amended.