We are happy to announce that the new version of the TED portal is going live on 29.01.2024 (indicative date - to be confirmed!) Interested in discovering the new functionalities, improvements and impact on the users? We invite you to visit our article and find out more about the main new changes and functionalities.
There are some bugs affecting the way eForms notices are displayed. We are working on solving the problem. In the meanwhile, please check our dedicated page for more information and guidance.
EU solidarity with Ukraine
Prozorro+: Ukrainian public procurement platform
Registration is open for our 4th Workshop with TED reusers, on the 14th of December 2023
Germany-Eschborn: Staff development services
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
81298333-Internal Team Development Support
The contractor supports the project "Support to the Technical and Vocational Education and Training sector" (TVET SSP) with four work packages:
Work package 1: Management and team development support
The contractor supports the project team and its work units with up to 120 workdays of:
- Team building courses for the project team (Day-long trainings in a regular interval of 3-4 months in Islamabad. All logistics will be taken care of by GIZ)
- Discussion and feedback for the team"s work units regarding both organizational aspects (e.g., management structures, communication channels) as well as their operational planning (e.g., key activities),
- Individual coaching of employees, especially, but not exclusively, of national managers and advisors
- Intervision, peer counselling for project team members, including supervision
- Support to the team in setting up and running knowledge management processes
- Qualification for team members: moderation skills
Work package 2: Trainings in the context of the internal GIZ corporate development program "GIZ destination 2028"
The contractor supports the project team with up to 80 workdays for trainings. The project team (and in some cases partner-consultants of the project) will be qualified in the framework of the program "GIZ destination 2028". GIZ 2028 focusses on three key components: integrated solutions, digitalization, and excellence in service.
To support the corporate development the contractor performs trainings with these subjects:
A) Cooperation competencies
B) Conceptual approach to work processes
C) Methodological competence
In preparation of the trainings the GIZ team will organize an internal process of participants" selection. The trainings (for a maximum of 15 participants) will be held as in presence trainings and might be split into shorter modules. If appropriate, the trainings can be initiated and continued by on-line training phases.
The training will be jointly held by two specialists, a deployed international specialist and a national expert coming from the GIZ project team. The national expert will provide the fit for the Pakistani context and get the same a training on the job as trainer.
Work package 3: Executive feedback
The contractor supports the project with up to 50 workdays in relation to the standard executive feedback.
- Moderation of up to 20 one-day sessions "feedback to managers" according the GIZ standard procedure
- Individual coaching sessions for the reflection of management competencies and leadership behavior
Work package 4: Support for monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
The contractor supports the M&E operations of the project with 80 workdays:
- Support for the implementation of the M&E concept of the project and it"s further development in cooperation with the responsible employee on site
- Backstopping for the responsible employee on site
In Pakistan, 2 to 3 million young people enter the labour market every year, many of them without formal education. The state vocational education and training system is quantitatively and qualitatively not in a position to offer these people a formal vocational qualification that sufficiently prepares them for employment in the economy or as qualified self-employed persons.
The module contributes to improving the demand-oriented attitude of vocational education and training, capacity development in the vocational education and training system, improving access for women, and increasing the involvement of the private sector.
The module objective is that vocational school graduates and job seekers have found employment in growth sectors.
The weak demand orientation of the training offer results in insufficient employment prospects for vocational school graduates. Due to insufficient coordination with the private sector, equipment as well as teacher training and curricula do not sufficiently meet the skills and competencies required for the transformation to a green economy. In addition, there is still a lack of systematic involvement of the private sector in vocational education and training.
Women in Pakistan can and want to work in a limited number of sectors. Counselling and support services for female vocational students with regard to career planning and transition to employment can increase the interest of women as well as the approval of their families.
Furthermore, vocational education and training planning has so far been inadequate. National and regional vocational education and training management is not sufficiently evidence-based, and there is too little systematic planning, observation, and analysis of labour market developments. Data from the digital monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system and the National Skills Information System are not yet sufficiently used. A change in the organizational and decision-making culture on the side of the partner is a prerequisite for this.
The skills of vocational education and training staff also need to be professionalised. At present, many staff are not trained in digital topics, ecological content, and gender-sensitive vocational training.
The module objective is: Vocational school graduates and job seekers have found employment in growth sectors.
The module is divided into five outputs.
Output 1 (Evidence-based TVET management) aims to enable the above-mentioned vocational education and training authorities at national and provincial level in KP and Punjab to manage vocational education and training in an evidence-based manner as well as to incorporate developments at the labour market into their planning. In addition, they should be able to test the effectiveness of approaches to promoting employment in the future.
Output 2 (Improved career entry and career planning) aims to align support services for career entry and career planning for vocational students and job seekers more closely with their needs.
Output 3 (Demand-oriented training offers in digitalisation and green skills) aims to develop demand-oriented qualification offers for digital and green activities at different skill levels. To this end, needs are identified with local companies and existing regional needs analyses are used.
Output 4 (Competence development of vocational education and training staff) aims to improve the skills of staff in vocational education and training institutions for the implementation of new training offers in and for growth sectors.
Output 5 (Reintegration of returnees) aims at the reintegration of returnees from Germany and other countries as well as job seekers and vulnerable groups into the formal labour market in Pakistan. Combined with counselling, job placement, and support services for the self-employed, the target groups are prepared to find employment at the domestic formal labour market.
GIZ may optionally commission contract amendments and/or increases based on the
criteria in the tender documents to the successful bidder of this tender. For details,
please see the terms of reference
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
1. Self-declaration: name of company and address, tax ID, registration and commercial register number or equivalent register in accordance with the legal provisions of the country of origin.
2. No grounds for exclusion pursuant to § 123, § 124 GWB, § 22 LkSG
3. Declaration of bidding consortium and/or declaration of subcontractors (if applicable)
1. Average annual turnover for the last three years (last-but-four financial year can be included in case of tenders held within 6 months of end of last financial year), at least: 400000 EUR
2. Average number of employees and managers in the last three calendar years, at least 5 persons
1. The technical assessment is only based on reference projects with a minimum commission value of 50000 EUR.
2. At least 2 reference projects in the technical field Teambuilding and other project support in the last 3 years
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Communication / questions can only be submitted using GIZ"s eProcurement Tender
Platform for the award of contracts.
According to Article 160, Section 3 of the German Act Against Restraint of Competition
(GWB), application for review is not permissible insofar as
1. the applicant has identified the claimed infringement of the procurement rules before
submitting the application for review and has not submitted a complaint to the contracting
authority within a period of 10 calendar days; the expiry of the period pursuant to Article
134, Section 2 remains unaffected;
2. complaints of infringements of procurement rules that are evident in the tender notice
are not submitted to the contracting authority at the latest by the expiry of the deadline for
the application or by the deadline for the submission of bids, specified in the tender
3. complaints of infringements of procurement rules that first become evident in the
tender documents are not submitted to the contracting authority at the latest by the expiry
of the deadline for application or by the deadline for the submission of bids;
4. more than 15 calendar days have expired since receipt of notification from the
contracting authority that it is unwilling to redress the complaint.
Sentence 1 does not apply in the case of an application to determine the invalidity of the
contract in accordance with Article 135, Section 1 (2). Article 134, Section 1, Sentence 2