United Kingdom-Swindon: Construction work
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Main address: www.gwr.com
Section II: Object
Design and Construction of Taunton Multi Storey Carpark, Interchange and Station Building Enhancements
1) A 400 spaces MSCP. Design involves a modular steel frame on piled foundations with a flexible paving system to the ground floor and solid composite floor slabs on the upper levels. A secondary steel frame fixing system for the façade treatment is required. External to carpark will be a bus interchange and accommodation for approx.4 buses;
2) Station Building — Existing station Grade 2 listed building and material alterations will be sympathetic with the heritage context. A new ticket hall to be created;
3) Public Realm — External to station building, a taxi rank and drop-off point will be introduced.
Expressions of Interest are invited via email to email@example.com. Please email request for more information before expression of interest. No information available at the URL ADDRESS.
Project may be delivered as a single contract or split into two or more contracts. Initially work will be tendered as a single contract. Applicants capable of managing the WHOLE works only need apply.
Taunton Railway Station.
Requirement is for the design and construction of the following using JCT D&B form of contract and GWR amendments:
1) Multi Storey Car Park (MSCP) — The 4-storey car park (ground, 1st, 2nd and roof) is designed to provide approximately 400 car parking spaces. The design involves a modular steel frame on piled foundations with a flexible paving system (typically macadam) to the ground-floor and solid composite floor slabs on the upper levels. A secondary steel frame fixing system for the façade treatment is required along with 2 stair cores and 2 lifts to provide access and egress for users.
Operation will be via a ANPR system.
External to the car park will be the installation of an access/egress road complete with a bus interchange incorporating a good quality waiting area and accommodation for approximately 4 buses.
Surface water drainage will be required and it is expected that an attenuation system may also be required.
Station Building — The existing station is a Grade 2 listed building and material alterations will be sympathetic with the heritage context.
A new ticket hall will be created in the space which is currently a bike repair shop.
Ticket vending machines, passenger information displays and ticket barriers will be installed.
A fully glazed entrance lobby with ticket vending facility will be installed to the East of the bike repair premises. These bike repair premises will be replaced by the new ticket office as part of this scheme.
Improvements and enhancements to various other back-of-house and front-of-house rooms will also be carried out.
Public Realm — External to the station building, a taxi rank and drop-off point will be introduced to improve vehicle circulation around the station forecourt. A high quality paved piazza outside the station entrance will be created, with trees, shrubs and seating areas. Disabled parking bays will be installed in this vicinity.
Please note that it is intended to tender the whole works as a single contract. Following the return of tenders/prices, a decision will be made whether the whole works is awarded as a single contract or the scope is revised and split into two contracts or more.
Only applicants capable of design and construction/management of the whole works need apply.
Expressions of Interest to be communicated via email: firstname.lastname@example.org only. Further docs are also available via the same email address.
You are advised to request and review these docs before expressing an interest in the project.
All those expressing an interest to bid for the works will be sent a PQQ questionnaire via the SmartSource portal following the closing date of this notice.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
There will be a requirement in the construction contract ITT for the provision of following:
1) A Parent Company Guarantee (if applicable) and a 10 % Performance Bond.
JCT D& B contract and GWR amendments.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information