Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
The Conference on the Future of Europe is your chance to share your ideas and shape the future of Europe. Make your voice heard!
Ireland-Clonmel: Construction work
Prior information notice
This notice aims at reducing time limits for receipt of tenders
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Removal of Unauthorised Waste Deposits at the former Shannon Vermicomposting Ltd facility
This is a Prior Information Notice and not a call for competition. A call for competition may be placed within the next 12 months.
Tipperary County Council intends to invite submissions from companies/organisations with capabilities relating to construction works including; site set-up and security, site clearance, bulk excavation and transport of excavated soils/stabilized biowaste, demobilisation.
Works are planned to take place over a 1 to 2-year period. The contractor must be in a position to mobilise at the site in December 2021.
*** Site Visit for interested contractors will be held prior to the issue of tender documents. It is the intention of the contracting authority to hold site visits on the ***06th October 2021***
Contractors are advised to formally register their interest for these works with the contracting authority to ensure participation in this site visit.
Coolross, Rathcabbin, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary
This is a Prior Information Notice and not a call for competition – a call for competition may be placed within the next 12 months. This notice serves as advanced notice of the contracting authority’s intention to hold a site visit during the tender response period and aims to ensure the time limit for receipt of tenders is 21 calendar days as per national procurement rules.
Tipperary County Council intends to invite submissions from companies/organisations with capabilities relating to construction works including; site clearance, bulk excavation and transport of excavated soils/stabilized biowaste.
• Set up of welfare facilities to include power and water supply
• Installation of portable CCTV system
• Erection of 2 no. site access gates
• General vegetation clearance/flailing of site (2.5ha approx.)
• Erection of stock-proof fencing to site boundary
• Topographical survey to delineate fencing
• Dewatering of underground chambers containing leachate (20 no. chambers, estimated volume 8m3 per chamber)
• Removal of tyres from stockpiles (1.2 ha. approx.)
• Construction of stone hardstanding area to facilitate access to stockpiles (46 m3 approx.)
• Removal of loose sheeting on hay barn.
• Excavation of unauthorised stabilized biowaste (30,000 t approx.)
• Excavation of contaminated soils below stabilized biowaste (1,700m3 approx.)
• Ballaghveny Landfill is open on Monday-Thursday 8.30am-4.30pm and on Friday 8.30am-3.30pm. The landfill is closed for lunch daily from 12:30pm until 1:00pm.
• Transportation of excavated soil and stabilized biowaste to Ballaghveny landfill (120 km round trip).
• Transportation limited to 4-6 no. loads per day.
• The haulier transporting the waste shall hold a valid waste collection permit for the waste types being transported
A critical issue when pricing this project will be the density of the stabilized biowaste. A representative sample of the stabilized biowaste will be density tested and results provided as part of the tender documents. However, the responsibility when pricing this risk will remain with the contractor. The pricing document measure for transport of stabilized biowaste will be re-measured on a tonnage basis as recorded on the weighbridge in Ballaghveny. The contracting authority will accommodate contractor requests to assess stabilized biowaste density in advance of submitting tender prices by accommodating contractors should they wish to excavate, load and transport a representative sample of stabilized biowaste to Ballaghveny landfill between ***01th October 2021 – 15th October 2021***
This is a Prior Information Notice and not a call for competition – a call for competition may be placed within the next 12 months. This notice aims at reducing time limits for receipt of tenders.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information