Waterford City and County Council has the following traffic control equipment at various locations throughout Waterford City:
• 35 in total Signalised Junctions SCATS operated;
• 5 in total Signalised Junctions (not SCATS operated);
• 55 in total Pederstian/Pelican Crossings;
• 25 in total Zebra crossing;
• 4 in total Solar Powered zebra;
• 1 in total School flashing lights;
• 1 in total Shuttle traffic light system;
Refer to documents 05-11 for maps of these locations and an assets database.
WCCC Traffic Signal equipment is maintained on a day to day basis in house by a qualified electrician. The first line of maintenance service, which includes monitoring of the traffic lights system, fault inspections, repairs where possible, and, when required, liaising with external contractors for assistance in ‘non-routine' maintenance repairs.
Waterford City and County Council wishes to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Contractor for the provision of:
• Second-line maintenance service for WCCC traffic control equipment when required;
• To provide on-call repair service as required (normal hours);
• To provide emergency on-call out of hours service to alternate with WCCC electrician (every second week).
The required services comprises of:
a) Periodic inspections;
b) Routine maintenance;
c) Fault repairs;
d) Non-routine maintenance;
e) Emergency attendances;
f) Modifications of existing infrastructure;
g) Undertaking the roles of Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) and Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS)
h) Traffic management;
i) Minor civil engineering works
j) Keeping of all records of faults, phasing, modifications’ etc at the maintenance control centre and keeping duplicates within the traffic signal controller cabinet.
k) Miscellaneous services such as design, training & technical support
l) Future works which are subject to funding such as controller replacements, LED upgrades & new installations.
m) Any other Traffic Signal related ser