United Kingdom-Newbury: Construction work for school buildings
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: http://www.westberks.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0303
Section II: Object
Highwood Copse Primary School
New 1FE primary school with new associated external hard and soft play areas and attached sports playing field, to be constructed in South Newbury and completed by May 2019. Estimated value of construction works (less fees)is 4000 000 GBP. Works to be delivered under an amended JCT design and build contract and where the chosen contractor must take on and accept liability for an existing set of full design information, completed up to and including RIBA Stage 4, and for which the Council has planning consent.
Details provided in the tender documents.
The anticipated weighting will be 70 % on Price and 30 % on Non-Price factors.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
1. Applicants must register on the Council's Procurement Portal — http://www.mytenders.org to be able to download the tender document.
2. All communication in respect of this procurement must be submitted via the Portal.
3. Applicants are to comply with all requirements set out in the selection questionnaire (SQ) document. Failure to submit a compliant SQ or ESPD before 12:00 on 16.1.2018 will result in exclusion from the procurement process.
4. Consortia applications are permitted.
5. Any change in the identity, control of or relationships within an applicant (including any change in the membership of a consortium) or any member of a consortium that occurs after your tender response has been submitted, must be promptly notified in writing to the Council. The Council may, in its absolute discretion, decide that the changes disqualify/preclude the applicant from any further participation in the procurement process. The Council reserves the right to request such further information as it considers reasonably necessary in relation to any change that comes to its attention.
6. The Council reserves the right to disqualify any applicant where, in its absolute discretion, it believes that there is any actual or potential conflict of interest if the applicant takes part in the procurement process and/or should the applicant be successful in this procurement process.
7. Please note that conflicts of interest can include (without limitation):
a. conflicts that arise from professional or personal connections between you or your staff and the Council or any of the Council's staff; or
b. situations where you are connected to multiple tender responses including (without limit) a response in your own name and as a subcontractor and/or as a consortia member.
8. In the event of a dispute as to whether any matter gives rise to an actual or potential conflict the Council's decision is final.
9. Applicants should note that the Council reserves the right to:
a. Cancel this procurement at any stage;
b. Not to award a contract;
c. Accept all or part of any tender unless the applicant/bidder expressly stipulates otherwise;
d. Make any changes it sees fit to the procurement process;
e. Disqualify any applicant found to have misrepresented the facts in relation to its responses to any question within the tender response;
f. Remove and/or amend element(s) from scope of the requirements; and/or
g. Seek clarification/verification from an applicant/bidder at any time during the procurement process but is under no obligation to do so.
10. In no circumstances will the Council be liable for any costs incurred by applicants associated with this procurement process.
11. Tenderers will be required to maintain the tender for a period of 90 days from the date stated for receipt of tender.
12. The tender documents provided at this stage are for information only. The only document to be completed and returned at this stage is the SQ/ESPD and any requested supporting information.
13. Please note HCP ER.zip is the entire Employers Requirement document. In addition, Appendix A & E are not used so please refer to Architectural Drawings and Design Information.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site at http://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=204991
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available at http://www.myTenders.org/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
Internet address: http://www.westberks.gov.uk