Display compact view
Vietnam-Ho Chi Minh City: EIB - Ho Chi Minh City urban mass rapid transit line 2 investment program: Tender package CP3b – Tunnels and underground stations (section from 6 330.40 meter to 10 306.07 meter)
Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee Management Authority for Urban Railways (MAUR) Ho Chi Minh City Urban Mass Rapid Transit Line 2 Investment Program
Date: 21.12.2017 (First date of Publication)
Loan No.: 2956-VIE; Ho Chi Minh City Urban Mass Rapid Transit Line 2 Investment Program.
Contract No. and Title: CP3b — Tunnels and Underground stations (Section from Km 6+330.40 to Km 10+306.07).
Deadline for Submission of Bids: 6 June 2018, 14:00 hrs, Indochina Time (UTC+7).
1) The Socialist Republic of Vietnam has received a loan from Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the European Investment Bank (EIB) towards the cost of Ho Chi Minh City Urban Mass Rapid Transit Line 2 Investment Program. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open only to bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB and all EU member states;
2) The Management Authority For Urban Railways (MAUR) (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the design, construction and completion of the works under the CP3b package (Section from Km 6+330.40 to Km 10+306.07) generally comprises of 4 underground stations connected by twin tube running tunnels, one cut and cover section for a track cross over and the transition section to the elevated track section up to CH 10+306.07 and all external technical facilities such as the 4 remote ventilation buildings at the stations with their connecting underground tunnels. The works also include reinstatement works to roads. More details and specifications are provided in the CP3b bidding document;
3) This contract is expected to be implemented in approximately 70 months;
4) International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB's Single-Stage: two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible countries as described in the bidding document;
5) The criteria to be used in the evaluation of bids include:
(a) Financial resources less the bidder's financial obligations for its current contract commitments meet or exceed US$ 25 million;
(b) Minimum average annual construction turnover of US$ 150 million within the last three (3) years;
(c) Participation in at least 2 contracts that have been successfully or substantially completed (completed not less than 80 % of current contract value including provisional sums and contingencies) within the last ten (10) years and that are similar to the proposed contract, where the value of the bidder’s participation exceeds $300 million in each contract. The similarity of the bidder’s participation shall be based on the physical size, nature of works, complexity, methods, technology or other characteristics applicable to construction of tunnels by TBM and construction of underground stations by Cut and Cover method for urban mass rapid transit project;
(d) Design and build experience on urban mass rapid transit projects of a similar size and nature outside the bidder's home country.
The criteria are more completely described in the bidding documents.
6) This bidding process for CP3b package is being conducted in parallel with the bidding process for CP3a package. Therefore, bidders will be allowed to quote separate prices for CP3a and CP3b contracts, and the award to a single bidder of multiple contracts. The Employer shall evaluate and compare bids on the basis of a contract, or a combination of contracts, or as a total of contracts in order to arrive at the least-cost combination, including any discounts offered in the Letter of Bid. If a bidder submits successful (lowest evaluated substantially responsive) bids for CP3a and CP3b, then the evaluation will also include an assessment of the bidder’s capacity to meet the aggregated requirements presented in the bid;
7) The bidders are required to disclose any conflict of interest, whether actual, potential or perceived affecting the bidders and their respective subsidiaries in respect of other bidders or the employer’s officials;
8) To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact:
MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY FOR URBAN RAILWAYS (MAUR), Address: No. 29, Le Quy Don Street, District No. 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Tel: (84-8) 3930 9495; Fax: (84-8) 3930 9497; Email address: email@example.com — Contact person: Mr. Vu Van Vinh;
9) To purchase the bidding documents in English, eligible bidders should:
(a) Visit the MAUR’s office at the address indicated above or submit a written application to the address given in Clause. 8 requesting the Bidding Document for Contract Package CP3b — Tunnels and underground stations (Section from Km 6+330.40 to Km 10+306.07);
(b) Make payment of a nonrefundable fee of US$ 1000 (One thousand US Dollar). Payment may be by cash against receipt in EUR or USD or VND at the address provided in Clause. 8, or by cashier check, or by transferring/depositing the above amount into the Employer's bank account using the following details:
(i) for EUR: Account No. 119 000 209 157;
(ii) for USD: Account No. 111 000 200 921;
(iii) for VND: Account No. 111 000 074 178;
(iv) Account name: Management Authority for Urban Railways (MAUR);
(v) Bank name and address:
Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade
Branche 8, Ho Chi Minh City
1073, Pham The Hien Street, Ward 5, District 8, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
(vi) SWIFT code (SW CODE): ICBVVNVX926,
(c) The bidding documents can also be purchased and sent within Vietnam or overseas through courier delivery by requesting through a written application. No liability will be accepted for loss or delay in delivery;
(d) Bidders are invited to collect hard and softcopies of the bidding document no earlier than 2 working days after completion of payment for bidding document to MAUR. A purchase receipt issued by MAUR or an equivalent proof of a bank transfer is required for the collection of the bidding document;
(e) An electronic copy of the bidding document will also be provided on CD to all purchasers of the bidding document. In the event of any discrepancy between hard copy bidding document and soft copy bidding document, the hard copy shall govern.
10) A Bid Security of US$ 10,000,000 (ten million US dollar) fulfilling the conditions indicated in the bidding documents must accompany all bids;
11) Submission of bids shall be made to the address under Clause. 8 above on or before the deadline of 6 June 2018, 14:00 hrs, Indochina Time (UTC+7). Late bids will not be accepted.
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend;
12) MAUR will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.