United Kingdom-Birmingham: Construction management services
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: https://www.hs2.org.uk/
Address of the buyer profile: https://hs2.bravosolution.co.uk
Section II: Object
Commercial Delivery and Controls Framework
HS2 Ltd is intending to procure a Commercial Delivery and Controls Framework, which will comprise the following lots:
— Lot 1: Programme Controls,
— Lot 2: Commercial Management.
The purpose of this Prior Information Notice (“PIN”) is to provide the market advanced notice of HS2 Ltd’s proposed procurement and contracting approach for the Framework. Further information on the intended approach is therefore set out in VI.3) Additional information below.
HS2 Ltd anticipates publishing a Contract Notice in February 2019 to commence the procurement of the Framework, subject to the statements/conditions contained in VI.3) Additional information.
Suppliers will be permitted to express interest in, and if selected, tender for 1 or more Lots, however a Supplier cannot win more than 1 lot unless exceptional circumstances apply. Further details in relation to the award selection will be provided upon issue of a Contract Notice and Pre-Qualification Pack (“PQP”).
Supplier resource will be based in HS2 Ltd’s Birmingham and/or London offices, however resource may be located at other sites along the route and travel to other offices/locations may be required.
As part of Lot 1 (Programme Controls), HS2 Ltd intends to appoint a Supplier to deliver the following scope of services:
— project controls: provision of project control services to support compliant and timely project baseline delivery across all contributing business areas, including the integration of schedules, costs, estimates, baseline management, change management, risk management, earned value management and works authorisation management,
— estimating and cost: provision of cost and estimating services, including the review of target pricing and services associated with the preparation of capital and whole life cost, and associated deliverables.
Throughout the Framework duration, HS2 Ltd will award work packages to the supplier as requirements are identified in order to fulfil deliverables across multiple organisation-wide work streams.
Full details on the scope of requirements relating to this framework lot are under development and will be identified in the relevant Contract Notice and related PQP.
The estimated range value of this framework lot (for the full duration of the framework, including all applicable extension options) is 90 000 000 to 100 000 000 GBP.
As part of Lot 2 (Commercial Management), HS2 Ltd intends to appoint a Supplier to deliver the following scope of services:
— commercial management: provision of commercial management services, including pre-contract development and post-contract management support,
— cost verification: provision of cost verification services to ensure commercial compliance of HS2 Ltd's contractual agreements.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Proposed Framework Procurement and Contracting Approach:
1) It is intended that a single supplier will be appointed to each of the Framework’s abovementioned lots, resulting in the formation of 2 framework contracts and strategic supplier relationships;
2) The Framework will be established as an organisation-wide arrangement. However due to the current stage of HS2’s development, Phase 2b procurement and related delivery requirements are yet to be defined and consequently will fall outside the scope of the Framework. Suppliers will therefore be expected to support Phase 2b in an advisory capacity only;
3) The framework contract(s) will be established under NEC3 professional services terms and work package(s) may be instructed under Options A, C and E;
4) The framework will be awarded for an initial duration of 4 years, with options to extend for 4 years (via single or multiple fixed terms), at HS2 Ltd’s sole discretion;
5) The framework will be procured via the OJEU Negotiated Procedure as defined within the Utilities Contract Regulations 2016. The procurement will be managed via HS2 Ltd’s Bravo e-Sourcing portal (see I.1 above);
6) HS2 Ltd intends to run the procurement to the indicative timescales below, which may at HS2 Ltd’s sole discretion, be subject to change at any time:
— confirmation of PQQ shortlist: Early May 2019,
— issue of ITT: mid-May 2019,
— receipt of tenders: early July 2019,
— notification of framework award decision: mid-November 2019,
— framework commencement: early December 2019;
7) HS2 Ltd is mindful to avoid Conflicts of Interest and any undue influence or other prejudice to the procurement or the performance of the Framework, which may arise as a result of such Conflicts. Accordingly, HS2 Ltd’s. Conflicts of Interest position will require Tier 1 suppliers to be client side only, whereby suppliers cannot provide works, supplies or services to HS2 Ltd on related contracts that enable the wider delivery of the new HS2 railway (i.e. HS2 Delivery Side contracts at all tiers in the supply chain), from the point of Framework award and thereafter throughout the life of the Framework including work package completion. However, any subcontractors to Tier 1 suppliers may be classified as:
— client side only, or
— delivery side, provided the Tier 1 supplier has a suitable conflict management plan that has been accepted by HS2 Ltd, and the subcontractors are not undertaking client side services under this Framework where they are also providing delivery side services for other HS2 Ltd related contracts (at all tiers in the supply chain).
Please note that a non-exhaustive list of current identified delivery side contracts will be provided upon issue of the Contract Notice/PQP and is immediately available upon request from email@example.com
Conditions regarding this PIN:
1) This PIN is not a call for competition and is not published to reduce time limits for the receipt of tenders;
2) This procurement will be launched in due course by the publication of a Contract Notice;
3) HS2 Ltd reserves the right not to commence any procurement or award any framework contract(s) in respect of this opportunity;
4) The information contained in this PIN may be subject to change due to the impact of governance, assurance and regulatory changes. Insofar as is permitted by law, HS2 Ltd shall not be liable for any losses incurred by any party as a result of reliance on the information contained/linked herein;
5) Failure to register an interest in connection with this PIN shall not prevent an organisation from participating in any formal call for competition.
Information on certificates required in public procurement in the EU