United Kingdom-Warwick: Architectural, construction, engineering and inspection services
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: www.warwickshire.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: www.warwickshire.gov.uk/procurement
Section II: Object
WCC — Traffic Modelling Support
The authority intends to procure a framework of 2 suppliers for traffic modelling support where a ranking procedure is to be established.
Purchase orders may be placed by the Council with the Rank One Provider directly and;
— purchase orders may be placed by the Council with the Rank Two Provider directly where either (1) or (2) (or both of them) directly below apply prior to the purchase order in question being entered into:
1) The Rank One Provider cannot meet any timescales required by the Council;
2) Where the Rank One Provider (if requested) does not provide a fee cap in relation to a purchase order (or the Council (in its sole discretion) rejects any fee cap provided).
Warwickshire County Council has a diverse suite of models covering each District and Borough in the County, ranging from simple corridor models to more complex wide-area models which are used to test the impacts of local plan allocations proposed by the District and Borough Councils.
The transport modelling support contract will cover, but may not be limited to, 3 key areas of work:
1) Paramics Micro-simulation model development, maintenance and support to ensure the authority has the necessary tools to undertake assessments and maintain the MRF business model;
2) Paramics Micro-simulation modelling to support transport scheme appraisal, testing and analysis to support major scheme business case development; and
3) Local plan and other development planning paramics micro-simulation modelling and evidence support.
Please note that although the estimated value of the framework is stated as 3 000 000 (GBP) within this contract notice, Warwickshire estimates their spend to be closer to 2 000 000 (GBP).
The initial contract term will be 24 months (2 years) but the Council reserves the right to extend the contract by up to a maximum 24 months additional period.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
This will be opened electronically by officers of Warwickshire County Council and or their appointed agents.
Warwickshire County Council, Shire Hall, Warwick, CV34 4SA.
Section VI: Complementary information
Minimum: 18 months from the point of entering into this contract (if no extension option taken).
Maximum: 42 months from the point of entering into this contract (if entire allowable extension taken).
During the course of the contract period the range and scope of these services may be subject to modification and variation as necessary to meet the changing needs and requirements of the Council, potential changes in legislation and the changing demands placed on the Council by its customers. These changes may include (but are not limited to):
— increases or decreases in available funding,
— new initiatives,
— opportunities offered by emerging/new technologies,
— environmental opportunities, and
— any necessary additional related services not identified or not required at the time of tendering.
Information on certificates required in public procurement in the EU