All applicants must complete one of the reference templates attached to the “Green Overseas Expertise Network” DPS application form:
- Annex 2, if the applicant is a legal person (entity);
- Annex 3, if the applicant is a natural person (individual).
Natural or legal persons applying for the “Green Overseas Expertise Network” DPS must provide at least three, and no more than five, references covering experience related to its scope. These references must have been furnished within the last 10 years.
Fluency in French or English is required. Proficiency in Dutch, Papiamento or Danish may be beneficial for specific contracts, as will knowledge of the GO Programme beneficiaries (institutions, economic fabric, context, issues). To note: fluency in both English and French may also be required for certain specific contracts.
All applicants must demonstrate professional experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas, as applicable to the GO Programme's sub-themes :
• Development of strategies/action plans
• Development of legislation/regulations
• Performance of technical studies
• Organisation and implementation of training sessions
• Organisation of exchange and/or consultation workshops
• Support for fundraising (identification of funding opportunities or mechanisms, drafting of project/programme documents and related documentation, etc.)
• Development and implementation of awareness-raising campaigns
• Development of communication tools
• Monitoring and evaluation of public policies and projects
• Development and implementation of pilot projects
Some specific contracts may require proficiency in several complementary areas of expertise; multidisciplinary competencies are therefore strongly encouraged. Some specific contracts may include, for a minor part of the specific contract, a “works” component (for small-scale infrastructure projects) and/or supply of equipment and/or materials; specific expertise in these types of assignments are therefore also encouraged.
Non-exhaustive examples of expert assignments that could be implemented via the "Green Overseas Expertise Network" DPS could include:
• Technical assistance for the development of a national/territorial strategy or plan for energy transition or climate change adaptation;
• Organisation and facilitation of consultation and exchange workshops with civil society on resilient watershed management;
• Carrying out diagnostics or technical studies for the deployment of a hybrid solution for erosion and flood control in a specific coastal area;
• Carrying out feasibility studies for the deployment of renewable energy production technology(ies);
• Conducting trainings on the development of plans and regulations for the thermal rehabilitation of buildings;
• Elaboration of an awareness-raising campaign for eco-mobility at territorial level;
• Design and support for the implementation of an ecological restoration operation in a targeted area (mangroves, river banks, drinking water supply area, etc.), in partnership with a local association;
• Development and production of an aquaponics educational kit or an agroforestry pilot plot, in partnership with several local actors.
The selection criteria shall be specified in the tender documents of each specific contract.