Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
The Conference on the Future of Europe is your chance to share your ideas and shape the future of Europe. Make your voice heard!
United Kingdom-Leicester: Highway materials
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Highways Civils Materials and Hand Tools Framework
Leicestershire County Council, is inviting suppliers who can demonstrate a proven track record of supplying high quality products into the highway maintenance environment, to submit tenders for the supply of
• Civils Materials (Lot 1), and
• Hand Tools (Lot 2) for use by its in-house highway maintenance operations teams.
This is a framework agreement which will be awarded to up to 6 suppliers per lot. Supplies will then be called off as and when required by Leicestershire County Council following the call-off procedure.
Lot 1: Civils materials.
The supply, with or without delivery, of civil engineering materials required for highway maintenance works – such as, but not limited to the following:
• precast concrete kerbs, channels, edgings, slabs and blocks;
• precast concrete manhole rings and cover slabs;
• manhole cover and frames, gully gratings and frames;
• drainage Pipes and fittings, ducts; duct access chamber units
• drainage channels;
• pedestrian Guardrails, miscellaneous metalwork;
• bulk bags of aggregates and topsoil; Bagged aggregates;
• bagged cement;
• bricks; blocks; ‘shimpack’ (or similar) for ironwork adjustment;
• timber, Ply and expansion joint fillers;
• oil absorbent coconut fibre; straw bales;
• diamond saw blades;
• barrels of bitumen emulsion.
Goods will generally be delivered to one of the county Council’s stores at either Croft Depot near Leicester, Mountsorrel Depot near Loughborough or directly to any of the Council’s operational work sites. Alternatively, the Council may collect materials from a suppliers premises.
The initial contract will end on 31 March 2023 with an option to extend for a further 24 months in 12-month increments.
Lot 2: Hand tools.
The supply, with or without delivery, of civil engineering hand tools required for highway maintenance works – such as, but not limited to the following:
• spades, shovels, forks, tarmac rakes and the like;
• ‘Tar’ paint brushes and the like;
• bow saws and slashers and the like;
• bricklaying tools including spirit levels; lines; trowels; buckets and containers etc;
• drill bits;
• hessian sandbags, jute sheets etc.
Goods will generally be delivered to one of the county Council’s stores at either Croft Depot near Leicester, Mountsorrel Depot near Loughborough or directly to any of the Council’s operational work sites. Alternatively, the Council may collect materials from a Suppliers premises.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information