United Kingdom-Blyth: Building construction work
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: https://www.fergytrux.com
Section II: Object
Principal Contractor to Deliver the Construction of a New Distillery, Vistor Centre and Bistro
Ad Gefrin Distillery are seeking to appoint a principal contractor who will be responsible for the delivery of the construction phase of the new build distillery, visitor centre and bistro at the site in Wooler, Northumberland.
The focus of this project is to regenerate a prominent site close to the town centre of Wooler. The vision of the Ferguson family, who previously operated the site for Road Transport, and has now been unused for many years, is that the proposed distillery will not only bring it back to life and vastly enhance the visual aspect but also create jobs both directly and indirectly and attract tourism to the area.
The project comprises a main building of steel frame construction which will house the distillery, visitor experience and bistro together with management facilities. There are separate barrel store and ancillary store buildings together with external works which include car parking, service yard and visitor pathways.
South Road, Wooler, NE71 6NJ
Expressions of interest are invited from experienced contractors with relevant experience on projects of similar scale and nature. Interested parties should request and complete a Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) by the described return date in accordance with the instructions in this document.
PQQ documentation will be reviewed and scored by the Client Team in accordance with the criteria set out within the PQQ and a shortlist of contractors will then be chosen to receive the final Invitation to Tender (ITT). The ITT will comprise the full suite of tender drawings, specifications, measured works and the like and contractors will be requested to submit the relevant qualitative information together with the proposed construction cost.
ITT returns will then be scored in accordance with the criteria set out within the ITT documentation including interviews if applicable.
The principal contractor will be responsible for the successful delivery of the construction phase of the project, working alongside the Ferguson family, design team and key stakeholders to ensure the project is completed on time, budget and to a high quality along with ensuring the duties of principal contractor under CDM Regulations 2017 are met.
The number of candidates to be invited to tender will ensure a reasonable spread of competition and best value is achieved, whilst ensuring the process is manageable. Selection of the candidates will be as set out within the PQQ document.
The project is being funded by a number of publically funded bodies including:
1) North East Infrastructure Fund (SEIF) strategic economic infrastructure fund;
2) Borderlands inclusive growth deal; and
3) Northumberland County Council.
The conditions of accessing the public funding is that the project is advertised via OJEU procurement.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
1) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate have not been the subject of a conviction by final judgment for one or more of the reasons listed below:
(a) participation in a criminal organisation, as defined in Article 2(1) of Council Joint Action 98/733/JHA (1);
(b) corruption, as defined in Article 3 of the Council Act of 26.5.1997 and Article 3(1) of Council Joint Action98/742/JHA respectively;
(c) fraud within the meaning of Article 1 of the Convention relating to the protection of the financial interests of The European Communities;
(d) money laundering, as defined in Article 1 of Council Directive 91/308/EEC of 10.6.1991 on prevention of the use of the financial system for the purpose of money laundering.
2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they are not bankrupt or the subject of an administration order, are not being wound up, have not granted a trust deed, are not the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of their estate, have not had a receiver, manager or administrator appointed and are not otherwise apparently insolvent.
1) All candidates will be required to provide a reference from their bank.
2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant insurances.
3) All candidates will be required to provide financial statements covering the previous 2 financial years, and
Including the total turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of activities which are of a similar nature to the subject matter of this notice.
Candidates must provide:
1) A comprehensive formal statement of the candidate's technical capabilities.
2) Evidence of the candidate's ability to work on buildings of this nature
3) A statement of the candidate's average number of staff and managerial staff.
4) A copy of the company quality policy statement, together with evidence showing that the cCandidate's company quality system is compliant to a relevant quality standard.
5) Details of work similar to that required under this notice, which has been carried out by the candidate for a minimum of 3 other clients within the last 2 years, including relevant descriptions, plans and/or photographs of the works, and contact details of the clients for whom those works were carried out.
6) An indication of the proportion of the contract which is the subject of this notice, and the precise nature of the work, which the candidate would propose to subcontract.
7) In the event that the candidate is unable to demonstrate direct experience of work similar to that required under this contract, in respect of buildings of this nature, such other information as will enable the contracting authority to assess the contractors ability to carry out such work.
8) Evidence of effective collaborative working with other parties, relevant to projects of a similar nature and complexity.
Evidence of sound business structure, strong technical capabilities, and adequate staffing arrangements is essential.
Details of company accreditations evidence of how best your approach provides local economic benefit would be beneficial.
Evidence of an acceptable quality management system is essential.
Evidence of ability to work collaboratively with clients, design team, and other professional specialists, relevant to projects of a similar nature and complexity, is essential.
Evidence of providing/creating training opportunities for key stakeholders or general public.
Evidence of public engagement during construction works.
1) Parent company guarantee or performance bond (10 % of contract value) may be required;
2) Evidence of relevant insurances will be required to levels as stated within the documentation;
3) Contract to be JCT 2016 standard form of building contract with amendments;
4) All costs associated with completion of tender information to be borne by the contractor.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
2) Borderlands inclusive growth deal; and
A minimum 10 calendar day standstill period at the point information on the award of the contract is communicated to tenderers will be incorporated. This period allows unsuccessful tenderers to seek further debriefing from the contracting authority before the contract is entered into. Applicants have 2 working days from the notification of the award decision to request additional debriefing and that information has to be provided a minimum of 3 working days before the expiry of the standstill period.
Information on certificates required in public procurement in the EU