Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
The Conference on the Future of Europe is your chance to share your ideas and shape the future of Europe. Make your voice heard!
Egypt-Cairo: Construction supervision services
This contract will be financed by the European Investment Bank (EIB) and subject to EIB's Guide to Procurement.
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Project Implementation Consultant (PIC) for Project Management Support and Supervision of construction works for “Alexandria West Wastewater Treatment Plant Extension and Upgrade Project”
This International Invitation for Pre-qualification relates to the Project Implementation Consultant (PIC) contract for Project Management Support and Supervision of construction works for “Alexandria West Wastewater Treatment Plant Extension and Upgrade Project”.
The PIC contract regards the technical assistance to the Construction Authority for Potable Water and Wastewater (CAPW) in all aspects of Project implementation, including project management, preparation of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), design review and construction supervision for the implementation of the Works Contract. The PIC consultant will perform the duties of the Engineer as set in the FIDIC Yellow Book contract conditions and will ensure that adequate construction supervision and project management support is provided to CAPW.
This contract is expected to commence in Q2 2022 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 60 months from this date including defect notification peri
The main site of performance will be the site of West Wastewater Treatment Plant in Alexandria city -Arab Republic of Egypt.
The procurement type will be International Restricted (with Pre-qualification). The contract will be financed from EIB and National Resources.
The Service tender is open to all firms from world, provided that the candidate: i) is not subject to financial sanctions imposed by the EU, either autonomously or pursuant to the financial sanctions decided by the United Nations Security Council on the basis of article 41 of the UN Charter; and ii) does not have a conflict of interest.
Tender documents can be downloaded free of charge.
No tender security is required.
Tender submission will be by post or hand-delivered.
In the pre-qualification phase between 5 and 8 candidates will be short-listed.
In the second phase, the tender will be awarded based on the best price-quality ratio; the ratio is established by weighing technical quality against price on an 80/20 basis, by multiplying:
- the technical scores awarded to the technical offers multiplied by 0.80,
- the financial scores awarded to the financial offers by multiplied 0.20.
The scope of the Project Implementation Consultant (PIC) Contract regards the following components and tasks:
Component A: Project Management Support
• Task A.1: Preparation of the final Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
• Task A.2: Providing support to Contracting Authority (CAPW) for procurement of Works Contract
Component B: Construction Supervision for Works Contracts
The Project Implementation Consultant (PIC) will perform all the duties of “the Engineer”, as identified in the standard FIDIC Yellow Book conditions of contract, in supervising the construction works of the Alexandria West wastewater treatment plant to be performed by the Design and Build Contractor (“Works Contractor”). The PIC will support CAPW at all stages of construction supervision that will the following tasks:
• Task B.1. Pre-construction activities
• Task B.2. Construction Activities
• Task B.3. Post-construction Activities
The qualification criteria, in brief, will be:
1) Economic and financial capacity of candidate: The annual turnover of the candidate must exceed 2,500,000 Euros for the last 3 financial years.
2) Professional capacity of candidate: At least 15 permanent staff of the candidate currently work for the applicant in the field related to this contract (Wastewater collection and treatment).
3) Technical capacity of candidate: i) A service contract in wastewater sector with a minimum value of 1,500,000 Euros (proportion carried out by the candidate) or two contracts with minimum value of 1,000,000 Euros for each (proportion carried out by the candidate); ii) Construction supervision services (on behalf of Contracting Authority) in a wastewater treatment plant project, secondary treatment stage and including sludge anaerobic digestion, with minimum capacity of the WWTP not less than 200,000 m3/day; iii) Construction supervision services for any kind of construction (on behalf of Contracting Authority) which is governed by FIDIC Contract Conditions. Conditions for contracts other than FIDIC will not be accepted.
If more than 8 eligible candidates meet the above selection criteria, their relative strengths and weaknesses must be re-examined in order to rank their applications and identify the 8 best candidates. The only additional comparative criteria that will be taken into consideration during this re-examination, in the order in which they appear below, are:
1. the highest number of service contracts that meet criterion 3.b and 3.c
2. the highest cumulated value of all the service contracts (proportion carried out by the candidate) that meet criterion 3.b and 3.c
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
The Consultant’s personnel shall comprise of key, non-key senior and non-key junior experts. The indicated list of positions and the number of working days is as follows:
Key Experts Working Days (absolute minimum)
1 Team Leader (TL) - Resident Engineer 700
2 Deputy TL – Civil Engineer 700
3 Mechanical Engineer 400
4 Process Engineer 330
A Total Key Expert 2,130
5 Senior Non- Key Experts 3,190
6 Junior Experts 3,900
B Total Other Expert 7,090
Total Experts (A + B) 9,220
The main requirements for the key experts shall be:
Key Expert 1 (KE1): Team Leader
Qualifications and Skills
• University degree in engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical, process or equivalent);
• Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent;
• A minimum of 15 years professional experience in both engineering design and construction supervision of wastewater treatment projects;
• A minimum of 5 years experience as Team Leader or Project manager during the last 10 years
Key expert 2: Deputy Team Leader
• A minimum of 15 years of general professional experience in engineering design and/or construction supervision of wastewater treatment projects
Key Expert 3: Mechanical Engineer
• University degree in mechanical engineering.
• A minimum of 15 years of general professional experience in the field;
Key Expert 4: Process Engineer
• University degree in process, chemical, environmental or sanitary engineering.
• Minimum 15 years professional design experience in wastewater sector
The Contractor shall abide to the international and EIB’s environmental and social standards indicated in the Documents
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information