The TED website is eForms-ready since 2.11.2022. The search changed: please adapt your predefined expert queries. Discover the changes in the site news and in the updated Help Pages.
EU solidarity with Ukraine
Prozorro+: Ukrainian public procurement platform
Voluntary ex ante transparency notice
Section I: Contracting authority/entity
Section II: Object
Acquisition of an EMBRYO Injection Microscope
ICMM aims to produce research with high international impact focusing on the functional cell, its genetic components and molecular cellular mechanisms in a medical context. The Messerschmidt Lab is focussed on the epigenetic and transcriptional dynamics in mammalian embryos during oocyte-to-embryo transition and beyond. We study transcription factors and epigenetic modifiers and their roles in epigenetic programming, re-programming and stability at early developmental stages.
For the setting up of our new laboratory we require a microinjection microscope setup to conduct injections and manipulations of mammalian germ cells and preimplantation embryos. This system enables us to perform RNA, DNA, protein injections into oocytes and embryos, as well as the manipulation, e.g. blastomere removal or separation.
Section IV: Procedure
Unique features specifically required for targeted application of embryo manipulation:
• Infinity port: Easy integration of third party products without elongated light path
• 20nm focus drive precision with closed-loop design
• Large standard focus travel range of 12mm crucial for embryo manipulation
• Optically corrected for 19mm field of view on all side ports and bottom port
• Contrast methods: The microscope is capable for use with brightfield, darkfield, phase contrast, integrated phase contrast, differential interference contrast (DIC), integrated modulation contrast, polarization and fluorescence methods, crucial to embryo viewing, organelle identification (i.e. pronuclei) and manipulation.
• Modular Design: The microscope is a fully modular system, allowing use with a full range of condensers, stages, objectives, illumination sources. This is crucial to future adaptation of the equipment to more advanced manipulation and imaging techniques.
• Variable function keys with functions fully adaptable to individual customers' needs and demands. 7 function keys on the stand and additional 4 variable function keys on the SmartMove. All functions are pre-programmed related to the given configuration. Required feature for smooth transition between settings during complex manipulation steps.
• Integrated Modulation Contrast (IMC): Unique contrast enhancing method for unstained and live specimen without the need for special objectives. Integrated Phase Contrast (IPH): Phase contrast method for enhancing contrast in unstained and live specimen without the need for special objectives. Essential to view and manipulate mammalian embryos and germ cells.
- Our patent DE102004061901B4 and the related US7372625B2 refer to the vibration-free
rotating fluorescence turret with fluorescence cubes.
- Our patents DE102005023850B4 and the related US8228600B2 cover the complete beam
path of the inverted microscope with contrast modulating elements.
- Our patents DE102012210905B4 and JP3198221 refer to the illumination device with
dynamic control of the illumination intensity from weak to strong illumination.
- Our Patents DE102014110575B4 and JP6805126 concern the T-house which allow for
coupling of several light sources for different illumination methods to the rear coupling
- Our patents DE102014116648B4 and CN106687849B cover the microscope housing
providing openings below the stage which allow two-side access, from left and right side as
well, to the incident light fluorescence turret.
Section V: Award of contract/concession
Section VI: Complementary information