United Kingdom-London: Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) services for construction
Contract award notice – utilities
Results of the procurement procedure
Section I: Contracting entity
Main address: http://www.iconinfrastructure.com/
Section II: Object
French EIA and development consents for electricity interconnector cable
Preparation of French Environmental Impact Assessment report and applications for development consents for the construction and operation of a new 1,400 MW, 525 kV electricity interconnector cable between Kingsnorth in UK and Dunkerque in France.
Grand Port Maritime de Dunkerque, Nord Department, Nord-Pas-de-Calais Region.
English channel to limit of French Territorial Waters.
Preparation of French Environmental Impact Assessment report and applications for development consents for the construction and operation of a new 1,400 MW, 525 kV electricity interconnector cable between Kingsnorth in UK and Dunkerque in France, including all environmental baseline studies, technical assessments, preparation of application forms and related documentation. The required development consents according to French laws and regulations comprise:
1) Environmental Impact Assessment (etude d'impact);
2) Preventative Archaeology Decision (archaeologie preventive);
3) Unique Authorisation (AU-IOTA) - integrated environmental permit under Environment Code (EIA, Water Laws);
4) Declaration of Public Utility (Declaration d'Utilite Publique, DUP) — including automatic modification of applicable Plan Local d'Urbanismes (PLUs);
5) Maritime Public Area Utilisation right (DPM);
6) Building Permit (permis de construire).
The procurement also includes stakeholder engagement and support with competent authorities, statutory and non-statutory consultees and the general public, within the Enquête publique procedures.
Section IV: Procedure
Section V: Award of contract
Section VI: Complementary information