The ITT is about activities to deliver a range of products of the CAMS portfolio especially relevant for policy users. These products are:
• IAAR based on the Interim annual European air quality reanalyses and material in support of national reporting duties on air quality and threshold exceedances;
• AAR based on the annual European air quality reanalyses which make use of validated data, to serve as a reference document on the status of air quality in Europe;
• an ‘air control toolbox’ that offers alternative forecasts of European air quality with reduced level of emissions, which allow assessing the effectiveness of possible temporary mitigation measures or of candidate measures as part of future policy developments;
• daily source-receptor calculations, which allow tracking the pollutants according to the geographical origin and chemical composition of their (or their precursors) sources;
• reports about major air pollution episodes in Europe produced within one month after the event in support of the concerned member states’ a posteriori analysis.
It also includes work in the area of design and implementation of European air quality policies, by supporting directly the European Commission’s Directorate General for the Environment (DG-ENV) and Joint Research Centre (JRC), as well as the European Environment Agency (EEA) and ensuring a close liaison with them. This work will build on all the relevant products and services in the CAMS portfolio in order to bring most relevant information to these stakeholders. It will also interface with the CAMS national collaboration programme, involving all the EU Member States and Copernicus cooperating states, which aims to facilitate further the elaboration and implementation of air quality and emissions policies.
Finally, the work comprises the organisation of annual workshops to gather the community of air quality policy users of CAMS in order to discuss and gather feedback on the products delivered under this ITT as well as more generally on other CAMS Regional and Global Products that are relevant for EU, national and local policies.