Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
EU solidarity with Ukraine
Prozorro+: Ukrainian public procurement platform
Spain-Las Rozas de Madrid: Research and experimental development services
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Artificial Intelligence in e-Administration
To carry out administrative procedures at the City Council, the citizen must often attach the necessary documentation to the application for subsequent administrative processing. As this documentation is varied both in typology and in formats, classifying and extracting information requires manual labor which leads to a high administrative burden and delays in the processing and resolution of the files.
Las Rozas City Council aims to improve administrative management, the automation of electronic processing and document management, as well as the exchange of data between Public Administrations, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the City Council that will result in time and cost savings for citizens and companies. Las Rozas City Council aims to develop a solution to manage the documents and information from the citizens and companies. One of the particular use cases is the management and awarding of public grants to citizens, companies and associations.
The main objective is to improve efficiency in administrative management. For this, Las Rozas City Council needs a technological solution that makes use of the State Data Brokerage Platform , of document automation, of Artificial Intelligence and of Natural Language Processing tools in order to obtain unstructured data from the documents submitted by citizens and companies and transform it into structured metadata. This solution should allow to: Simplify processes, Improve and facilitate user access to information, Foster interaction between public bodies and Reduce the costs of administrative operations.
A solution with the following technical characteristics is required. The scenario is set in four functional scopes:
1. The solution should integrate the State Data Brokerage Platform: a. To automate consulting and / or extracting copies of documents from the different public entities, in order to obtain the relevant documents for the particular procedure. b. The prior identification of the relevant documents for the particular procedure is a necessary requirement. c. The document(s) obtained from the State Data Brokerage Platform must be incorporated into the file manager, internal application or database. This scope may be replaced in the future as a consequence of the integration of the solution in the electronic administration platform of Las Rozas City Council, currently being tendered.
2. Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to classify and extract information from the documents that cannot be obtained from the State Data Brokerage Platform: a. The particular documents that the interested party (citizen, company or other organization) must provide will be determined in the particular procedure. b. The solution should be automatically integrated with the future e-platform of the city council in order to extract and process the document(s): through the development and training of AI algorithms for document management, the document will be classified, and its relevant information extracted an incorporated as metadata. This will be based on the previous definition of document types and criteria of information to be extracted. c. The solution must be capable of processing different types of structured and unstructured documents, as well as supporting the most common formats of documents and images. d. The solution should be integrated with the future e-platform of the city council. Once the document has been classified and the relevant information extracted, the data and the document(s) must be incorporated into the file manager, internal application or database.
3. Create an internal mediation platform (data brokerage platform) for Las Rozas City Council to interlink (in the same way) the citizens / companies´ information that Las Rozas City Council has so that it can be quickly and automatically, as well as included into other information systems.
4. Once the information is automated and easily accessible, the solution should allow to develop a predictive grants system based on the intermediation platform and automated municipal data so that Las Rozas City Council can proactively: a. Notify people / companies or entities which comply with the requirements and are likely to receive a grant or a subsidy. b. Enroll them in advance. c. Incorporate automatically all the available information. If possible, the interested party would not have to submit any documentation and only should submit or accept the application. In addition, the solution should incorporate: - An alert system: Validation of documentation (processing errors, requests ...). Pending information that either has not been obtained or has not been provided. - A dashboard for qualitative and statistical control of the solution including, at least: a. Procedures carried out. b. Status of the different documents. c. Number of requests to the intermediation platform and for what procedure. d. Number of documents processed.
An Open Market Consultation (OMC) has been conducted.
No. Proposals received: 19
Time for deployment: From immediate solutions up to 36 months
TRL: TRLs close to the market (7,8 and 9) with some module in lower TRLs (2,3,4) Good indicator it can be
covered in the mid-term. Type of procurement: PPI
• NLP and OCR systems
• Alert and prioritization systems
• Automated management systems.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
The project is benefiting from the support of the Eafip initiative. www.eafip.eu
This project is the result of Las Rozas City Council strategy to promote innovative public procurement. This strategy is part of the City Council´s commitment to promote innovation as a model for the development of the municipality.
One of the pillars of Las Rozas Smart City´s development is the creation of the public company "Las Rozas Innova", which will support the City Council to leverage and co-lead relevant projects for Las Rozas, based on knowledge and innovation. Its focus will be on key areas such as open innovation and/or support for disruptive technologies adapted to smart cities.
Other initiatives led by Las Rozas are the new business generation services, with a special emphasis in the potential talent of university students and graduates from the municipality. In this regard, the launch of the Hub 2.0 will enable the organization of hackathons, the acceleration of technology-based companies and the development of disruptive technologies.
Within these initiatives, Las Rozas City Council is active in training and reskilling actions, with the aim of promoting employability and reinforcing economic activity in all sectors.
Las Rozas is also part of city networks that are committed to innovation and that support the exchange of experiences, among which the implementation of innovation procurement projects. In February 2020, the city joined the Executive Board of the Spanish Smart Cities Network.
Las Rozas City Council´s commitment to digital transformation has led to Las Rozas Smart City strategy and to a firm support of sustainable management models based on innovation, new technologies and the attraction of talent, as fundamental axes of the future growth of the city.
>More information: https://www.lasrozas.es/smart-city/cpi