United Kingdom-Croydon: Clothing, footwear, luggage articles and accessories
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: www.harrisfederation.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: https://www.mytenders.co.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA30809
Section II: Object
Uniform Supplies for Harris Federation
Supply of uniform to Harris Academies.
Same as Lot 1 — the Contract Notice will identify all the lots.
Uniform Supply for each Academy Site
At academy locations as detailed on www.harrisfederation.org.uk
Uniform supplies for most Harris Academy sites listed on our website.
Supplier briefing event — planned for Monday 18th March from 9:30 a.m. at Harris Federation Head Office, Croydon. Open to one person from each potential uniform provider. Please raise a “question” via the mytenders portal providing your company name, the person attending and their email address.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Supplier briefing event — planned for Monday 18th March from 9:30 a.m. at Harris Federation Head Office, Croydon. Open to one person from each potential uniform provider. Please raise a “question” via the myTenders portal providing your company name, the person attending and their email address. Please ensure you submit this by Midday Friday 15.3.2019.
Potential contractors should bring standard branded uniform sample items for 3 Secondary (Blazer — Girl and Boy, Jumper, tie, bags and bespoke skirt where applicable) and 3 Primary (Jumper/Cardigan, book bag, tie where applicable) schools, i.e. 6 sets in total. Contractors should also bring PE items (top and shorts/skorts).
Our procurement strategy will be outlined at the briefing event and there'll be an opportunity to raise questions and seek clarifications — all of which will help inform a future Contract Notice and invitation to tender document. The aim of the procurement is to:
1) To competitively tender uniform provision across the Federation, capturing academies where contracts have expired or due to expire and then bringing on board other academies through the contract term;
2) Rationalise the supply base;
3) Achieve a reduction in costs for parents;
4) Achieve security and availability of supply ideally via shop and online presence;
5) Achieve consistency in quality (all uniform items must be hardwearing, durable, presentable and machine washable);
6) Seek a reduction in the number of branded items;
7) Confirmation that supply chain complies with good ethical practices such as no child labour and adherence to modern slavery requirements;
8) Compliance with UK Government Buying Standards for textiles/clothing;
9) Secure a contract for 5 years with a break provision after 2 years subject to formal performance review and with an option to extend by a further 2 years giving a total of 7 years if performance is satisfactory.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders website at https://www.mytenders.co.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=215140
Information on certificates required in public procurement in the EU