United Kingdom-Birmingham: Construction management services
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Main address: https://www.hs2.org.uk/
Address of the buyer profile: https://hs2.bravosolution.co.uk
Section II: Object
Commercial Delivery and Controls Framework
HS2 Ltd is seeking to procure commercial and delivery controls services, which will comprise the following lots:
— lot 1: programme controls,
— lot 2: commercial management.
Further details on the scope of requirements relating to each lot is provided in II.1.6). It is intended that a single supplier will be appointed to each of the lots, resulting in the formation of 2 strategic relationships and framework contracts.
Please note that 1 supplier is unable to win more than 1 lot. Please note that the “1 Lot” award restriction applies to the lead party in a supplier’s bidding model only [including where there is more than 1 lead party, i.e. in a joint venture ("JV")]. For the avoidance of doubt:
— a JV party in 1 lot is not permitted to be awarded the remaining lot as lead party or JV party,
— a lead party applying for 1 lot is however permitted to be a sub-contractor in the remaining lot; and
— the same sub-contractors are permitted to be appointed across both lots.
Applicants may express interest in, and if selected, tender for 1 or more lots, however a tenderer cannot win more than 1 lot unless exceptional circumstances apply. Applicants should note that this award selection applies to applicants and parties. Further details in relation to the award selection can be found in the Pre-Qualification Pack (“PQP”) and accompanying Procurement Documents.
Supplier resource will primarily be based in HS2 Ltd’s Birmingham and/or London offices, however may be located at other sites along the route and travel to other offices/locations may be required.
As part of Lot 1 (Programme Controls), HS2 Ltd intends to appoint a supplier to provide suitably experienced and capable resource to support:
— project controls — supporting the compliant and timely project baseline delivery across all contributing business areas, including baseline management, programme planning, earned value management, change management, reporting and risk management,
— estimating and cost — provision of cost and estimating services, including supporting the cost management process across the HS2 project and management and assurance of the overall baseline estimate.
Throughout the Framework duration, HS2 Ltd will award work packages to the supplier as requirements are identified in order to fulfil deliverables across multiple organisation-wide work streams. It is anticipated that Work Package durations may range from a number of months up to several years.
Please note that the initial contract term is 48 months, with an option to extend the framework by a further 48 months (via single or multiple fixed terms), at HS2 Ltd’s sole discretion. The estimated values quoted in this Contract Notice include allowance for the extension option(s).
Applicants are referred to the PQP for information on HS2 Ltd's criteria for choosing applicants to be invited to tender for 1 or both lots. HS2 Ltd expects to select only the highest scoring 6 applicants to tender for each of the lots. However, HS2 Ltd reserves the right in its absolute discretion to invite more than or fewer than 6 applicants for any lot(s) on the basis described in the PQP.
Applicants are referred to VI.3) Additional information in this Contract Notice below.
As part of Lot 2 (Commercial Management), HS2 Ltd intends to appoint a supplier to provide suitably experienced and capable resource to support:
— commercial management — provision of commercial management services, including pre-contract development and post-contract management support, in addition to contributing to, developing and communicating HS2 Ltd’s commercial procedures, processes and systems,
— cost verification — provision of cost verification services to review and validate costs presented by HS2 Ltd’s supply chain and ensure commercial compliance with HS2 Ltd’s contractual agreements.
Throughout the Framework duration, HS2 Ltd will award work packages to the supplier as requirements are identified in order to fulfil deliverables across multiple organisation-wide work streams. It is anticipated that work package durations may range from a number of months up to several years.
Please note that the initial contract term is 48 months, with an option to extend the Framework by a further 48 months (via single or multiple fixed terms), at HS2 Ltd’s sole discretion. The estimated values quoted in this Contract Notice include allowance for the extension option(s).
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Applicants are referred to the PQP for information about the conditions for participation.
Applicants are referred to the PQP for information about HS2 Ltd's requirements and minimum standards in relation to the economic and financial standing for each lot.
Applicants are referred to the PQP for information about HS2 Ltd's requirements and minimum standards in relation to the technical and professional ability requirements for each lot.
Full breakdown of the technical and commercial criteria to be applied at ITT stage can be found in the draft Invitation to Tender Documentation.
Applicants are referred to the PQP for information about HS2 Ltd’s rules and criteria for participation for each lot.
At any stage of the Procurement HS2 Ltd reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to request a Parent Company Guarantee (PCG) and/or some other financial or performance guarantee as set out within the PQP and accompanying procurement documents.
The payment mechanism, performance standards and incentive mechanism is described in the PQP and accompanying procurement documents. The Framework Contracts will be established under NEC3 PSC terms. Work packages may be instructed under pricing options A, C and E.
Further details will be provided during the Invitation to Tender (ITT) stage. Applicants are referred to the PQP for relevant information available at this Contract Notice stage.
HS2 Ltd will accept expressions of interest and tenders from single entities or Consortia. HS2 Ltd does not require consortia to form a single legal entity. If appointed, each of the parties to a consortium shall be jointly and severally responsible for all obligations and liabilities under the Framework Contracts, and any PCG will apply to all such joint and several obligations and liabilities.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
1) Terms with an initial capital letter used in this Contract Notice and the PQP have the meanings given in PQP Vol 0_Appendix D — Definitions and Abbreviations;
2) To express interest in 1 or both lots, applicants must complete the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) for each lot applied for on the HS2 e-Sourcing portal strictly in accordance with the submission deadline stated in the PQP. Please note that the PQQ submission deadline is a precise time and applicants should allow sufficient time to upload their completed PQQs;
3) HS2 Ltd will accept expressions of interest and tenders from a number of bidding models, including single entities or consortia. An applicant may only submit one PQQ per lot applied for. HS2 Ltd will not accept multiple PQQs from the same organisation/economic operators, or from multiple organisations/economic operators within the same corporate group or otherwise under common ownership (whether as single applicant or as party to a consortium). Organisations/economic operators considering a response to this PQQ are advised that they must:
(i) only belong to 1 applicant and submit 1 PQQ as that applicant (note: if an organisation/economic operator(s) intends to submit a PQQ then it must decide if this is to be submitted as a single applicant, or as part of a consortium); and
(ii) not offer their services as a service provider acting as a sub-contractor to another applicant;
4) All applicants are required to express an interest by registering on the HS2 e-Sourcing portal (https://hs2.bravosolution.co.uk/web/index.html). Registration is only required once;
5) For further assistance on use of HS2 Ltd's e-Sourcing portal Applicants should contact the portal's helpdesk which is available Monday to Friday (08:00–18:00) GMT via:
— email: email@example.com or
— telephone: +44 8003684850;
6) A response to this Contract Notice does not guarantee that an applicant will be invited to tender. The procurement process may be terminated or suspended at any time without cost or liability to HS2 Ltd. HS2 Ltd does not bind itself to enter into any framework contract(s) arising out of the procurement procedure envisaged by this Contract Notice. No contractual rights express or implied arise out of this Contract Notice or the procurement procedure envisaged by it. HS2 Ltd reserves the right to vary its requirements and the procedure relating to the conduct of the award process. HS2 Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any applicants on terms set out in the PQP;
7) Applicants (and subsequently tenderers) shall be solely responsible for and liable for all costs associated with and arising out of or in connection with responding to this Contract Notice and any PQQ and with submitting any tender, howsoever incurred;
8) HS2 Ltd embraces diversity and welcomes PQQs from all suitably skilled and experienced economic operators of all sizes who can meet the requirements, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or age of supplier workforce and/or ownership;
9) There is no guarantee, express or implied, that appointed suppliers will receive any, or a particular volume or value of work.
HS2 Ltd will incorporate a minimum of 10 (ten) calendar day standstill period at the point information on the award of the framework agreement and the reasons for the decision is communicated to tenderers.
Information on certificates required in public procurement in the EU