The TED website is eForms-ready since 2.11.2022. The search changed: please adapt your predefined expert queries. Discover the changes in the site news and in the updated Help Pages
EU solidarity with Ukraine
Prozorro+: Ukrainian public procurement platform
United Kingdom-Paisley: Software maintenance and repair services
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Support, Hosting and Maintenance for Business World — Future Opportunity
In April 2016, Renfrewshire Council commissioned a contract for the implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and a managed service to host, support and maintain the solution. As a result of this contract, the ‘Business World’ solution was implemented.
The current contract expires on 31 March 2021. Renfrewshire Council has reviewed its requirements and identified a need to appoint a suitably qualified service provider for the renewal of the right to use licence of Business World and support, maintenance and hosting of the council’s current Business World solution for a 5-year period with the option to extend for an additional 2 years (1 year plus 1 year) at the sole discretion of the council. The future contract should retain the council’s current Unit4, fully managed ERP solution hosted, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Renfrewshire Council requires a single point of contact for all service issues regardless of type of issue, through a single service provider, including: hosting maintenance, issue resolution, source code issues, customisations, etc.
Renfrewshire Council seeks to notify the market of its intention to put a contract in place to support, host and maintain its ERP system Business World. The resulting contract will be in place for a period of 5 years with the option to extend for a period of 1 year on two occasions at the sole discretion of the council.
Accordingly, the council is issuing this PIN to enable an open market engagement exercise to be arranged which will inform the council’s future strategy for these requirements. The council invites interested parties to submit expressions of interest to participate in this market engagement exercise. To register
an expression of interest, interested parties are asked to provide a response to the following questions:
1. Can your organisation offer the Unit4 software, Unit4 hosting and SaaS? This should ensure that the hosting is provided within Unit4 data centres on the MS Azure cloud.
2. Can your organisation offer Unit4 customer support as the single point of contact for all service issues regardless of type of issue?
3. Can you confirm that support and operations activities would be directly between the council and the service provider including the following activities:
— deployment of solution updates,
— management and maintenance of all infrastructure,
— network connectivity of Unit4 SaaS to public internet,
— back-up and disaster recovery,
— security of application operating environment and infrastructure,
— monitoring of application and infrastructure,
— performance tuning,
— trouble-shooting and resolving issues, both customer-initiated and those raised by monitoring alerts,
— database copy between environments upon request, e.g.: production to preview,
— incident logging and escalation for Unit4 cloud is carried out through the Unit4 UK service desk.
Once logged Unit4 will progress these to resolution within the target response and resolution times for the given SLA.
4. Can you confirm that an account manager and call escalation named officer support will be provided to the council as per the current Unit4 resource provision?
5. Where there are identified underlying issues with the Unit4 software the vendor has access to the source code to resolve these?
6. The council has a number of Business World Topgen customisations that need to be part of the vendors support model. Please confirm that you will support these or provide appropriate recommendation.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information, please visit the Public Contracts Scotland website at: https://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=613470.