United Kingdom-Alfreton: Chargers
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: http://eem.org.uk/
Section II: Object
Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
Efficiency East Midlands Limited (EEM) is a procurement consortium which establishes and manages a range of Framework Agreements and dynamic purchasing systems. Our members include organisations providing services to the whole public sector including social housing providers, local authorities, blue light services and education and health related organisations.
EEM on behalf of its Members, wishes to procure and enter into a framework with multiple contractors, for the provision of an ultra-low emission vehicle charging infrastructure, including the supply and installation of electric vehicle charging points(slow/fast/rapid) and other related technologies.
The Framework has been split into the following workstreams:
Lot 1: Consultancy;
Lot 2: Supply Only;
Lot 3: Supply, Install and Maintenance;
Lot 4: Back Office Solution;
Lot 5: Full Solution (Consultation, Supply, Install, Maintenance and Back Office).
EEM are looking for suitably experienced consultants who are capable of providing strategic guidance relating to the implementation of an electric vehicle charging infrastructure. The appointed consultants must be able offer knowledge of the latest industry wide innovations and advances along with experience in developing and delivering:
(a) understanding and planning the requirement;
(b) advice on placement of charge points and installation guidelines;
(c) assisting in choosing the best solution for the business;
(d) assisting with local authority planning and implementation, including but not limited to a specification of quantities, cost and duration of works drawn up;
(e) an enhanced site survey that includes a long-term installation roadmap and identification of potential scaling issues;
(f) advice on available funding and assisting with the application for funding;
(g) support during the tender period to ensure that proposals received meet the specification outlined in the tender documentation.
This lot will be utilised to provide Members with an independent consultancy service.
The scope of this lot will be for the supply and distribution of electric vehicle charge points and all related accessories/products. The appointed Suppliers will be expected to be able to supply the latest technology and ensure that the products supplied meet the requirements of the specified materials.
This lot will be used by our Members who have in-house resources to install the electric vehicle charge points. The Supplier may also be requested to supply the products to an appointed contractor.
EEM have a proven track record in setting up and managing material frameworks. There is clear evidence to show that public bodies are paying a wide range of prices for the same commodities, EEM's objective is to assist the public sector in maximising the significant buying power that exists across our membership. With this is mind EEM is looking to replicate our other material frameworks and create a supply chain that provides all public sector bodies the same price regardless of size and location. By collaborating across our membership, we expect to receive the best possible price for materials.
Supply, Installation and Maintenance
The requirement of this lot is for the supply, delivery, installation, commissioning and maintenance of electric vehicle charging points to the specifications of the members.
Contractors appointed to Lot 3 are required to carry out works for members with a mixture of vehicle charging requirements including, but not limited to:
— supply of electric vehicle charging points,
— installation and commissioning of electric vehicle charging points,
— maintenance of electric vehicle charging points,
— provision of additional items and services including, but not limited to, protection barriers, signage, parking bay marking and charging leads.
Back Office Solutions Only
This lot is for the implementation of a monitoring system that allow will allow members to remotely manage their existing and newly installed charge points. The systems should, as a minimum, be able to record the location of each charge point along with real time information such as fault monitoring and diagnosis, tariff and billing, payment collections and detailed usage reporting.
Full Solution (Consultation, Supply, Install, Maintenance and Back Office)
This lot will provide a “full solution” to members enabling a sole contractor to be appointed for the:
— consultation to support the decision-making process once a need for electric vehicle charging points has been identified
— provision of a “back office” solution,
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
EEM Members have a mix of users that require electric vehicle charging points. This includes, but is not limited to, staff commuting to work, visitors to sites, business vehicles (i.e. van fleets), members of the public (i.e. using car parks or on-street parking), and tenants.
EEM is conducting this tender exercise on behalf of its members to:
(a) establish a framework for electric vehicle charging infrastructure, including the supply and installation and maintenance of electric vehicle charging points and “back office” support;
(b) appoint appropriately registered and fully independent specialists;
(c) help increase the charging infrastructure across the EEM Membership;
(d) support the growth of a comprehensive and reliable public charging network, which is considered a vital prerequisite to increase the uptake of Electric Vehicles (EV);
(e) allow for a strategic approach to the procurement of the charging units across EEM Membership and deliver best value in terms of price, quality and service;
(f) provide sufficient scope and flexibility to meet all current and future needs and technological development;
The call-off contract’s to be awarded pursuant to the Framework Agreements to be entered at conclusion of the procurement exercise begun by publication of the Contract Notice may extend for a duration of up to 4 years beyond expiry of the 4-year term of the Framework Agreement.
The Framework is being procured by EEM on behalf of their members and the other organisations described below as being Authorised Users. The following contracting authorities will be entitled to agree and award contracts under this Framework Agreement:
1) Any Member of EEM which for the avoidance of doubt currently includes 3 partner consortia — Westworks, Advantage South West and South East Consortium. A full list of current members is available at www.eem.org.uk
2) Any future Member of EEM or our partner consortia, and in all cases has being an organisation which has applied to join EEM or our partner consortia in accordance with the applicable constitutional documents;
3) An EEM Participant being an organisation which is neither a current or EEM Member (as defined at 1 above) nor a Future Member of EEM (as defined at 2 above) based within England and Wales which owns and/or maintains/manages housing stock in one or more geographic area in which it operates and/or is an NHS Trust (which includes Acute Trusts, Mental Trusts, Care Services Trusts and Ambulance Trusts) or organisation, police authority, fire authority, ambulance trust, university, higher education, further education college, school academy or other public sector organisation.
Further details regarding the Authorised Users of this framework can be found in the ITT documents.
To respond to this tender or review the documentation, please:
1) Go to the portal https://xantive.supplierselect.com
2) If you need to register a new account follow the prompts to set up your organisation;
3) When you sign in select “Public Projects” from the menu (top right). A list of all open tenders will be displayed;
4) Select “EEM0064 — Vehicle Charging Infrastructure” from the list of projects and then “Create Opportunity”. This will give you access to the basic information;
5) Click “Accept Opportunity” to get more detail. There is no obligation to submit a response;
6) If you do wish to submit a response, do so before the deadline by changing the status to submitted. You will only be allowed to submit if every mandatory question is answered.