Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
United Kingdom-Bath: Works for complete or part construction and civil engineering work
Section I: Contracting authority
Main address: http://www.bathnes.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.bathnes.gov.uk
Section II: Object
Bath Western Riverside Civils Enabling Works (Stage 1 MP Diversion Works)
Bath and North East Somerset Council (BANES) wish to appoint a civils contractor to undertake enabling works at Bath Western Riverside development site.
The enabling works are required to facilitate the installation of temporary mains pressure gas pipe diversion (MP Diversion) installation by Wales and West Utilities.
The works comprise:
• establish the site compound and welfare facilities;
• prepare site access route to the designated compound area. This includes removing the existing spoil heap that is currently blocking access the site compound situated between the gas holder tank bases and laying stone bed to allow vehicle movement access;
• close the pedestrian foot path for area running the length of MP works site and take down existing perimeter wall as indicated;
• take down and set aside existing double gate set and posts;
• install secure hoarding to the site which is to include a double gate set at the existing Windsor bridge road access;
• decommission x3 bore holes MW13-05, MW13-06, BH1 that exist within the works area and to protect all other bore holes from damage or contamination;
• remove all vegetation and tree roots in the work area;
• reduce existing ground levels as indicated on drawing BHE-XX-XX-SK-C-9001. All material disposed of offsite;
• secure site and then allow access to WWU to undertake MP diversion works;
• on completion of WWU MP Diversion, hoard site boundary adjoining the highway, installing double gates and palisade fencing. Hoarding line abut rear of pedestrian pavement and cross the road junction;
• clear compound (depends, if Stage 2 is proceeding continuously).
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Failed previous procurement, insufficient tenders were received which now call for an urgency for the work to begin.
Section VI: Complementary information