Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
Belgium-Brussels: Window-cleaning and related services
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Window-cleaning and related services.
Provision of window-cleaning and related services, including all necessary supplies, in buildings occupied and/or managed by the European Commission in the Brussels-Capital Region and the surrounding area.
Brussels-Capital Region and the surrounding area.
The related services include, inter alia:
— cleaning glazed surfaces,
— cleaning opaque glazing and frames,
— cleaning some metal cladding and exterior detailing of buildings,
— technical assistance in the context of providing the services covered by the contract (methodology regarding access to poorly accessible areas, security, coordination of works, modernisation of window-cleaning installations, etc.),
— technical maintenance and repairing window-cleaning equipment/installations,
— providing environmentally friendly cleaning products and surface cleaners.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
the tenderer shall enclose with his tender all the documents and information required in point III.1 'Conditions for participation' of this notice and listed in Annex I 'Checklist of documents to be completed and provided' to the tender specifications.
The tenderer shall enclose a duly signed and dated solemn declaration stating that he is not in any of the situations which would exclude him from participating in a contract awarded by the European Union. The solemn declaration must take the form of the template published on the following page, in its entirety: http://ec.europa.eu/oib/procurement_fr.htm
NB: the successful tenderer must, on pain of exclusion, provide the following documentary evidence in support of the solemn declaration prior to signature of the contract.
NB: in the event they are awarded the contract, groupings must provide the solemn declaration along with the supporting documents and information for each individual member.
the tenderer must provide:
— a copy of the financial statements (balance sheets and operating accounts) for the past 3 financial years, showing the annual pre-tax profit. If, for a valid reason, the tenderer is unable to provide them, he must enclose a statement as to annual pre-tax profits for the past 3 years. If the financial statements or the declaration show an average loss over the past 3 years, the tenderer must furnish another document as proof of his financial and economic capacity, such as the appropriate guarantee from a third party (e.g. the parent company), statements from auditors, chartered accountants or equivalent,
— a statement as to specific annual turnover related to this contract, realised during the past 3 financial years.
to be selected, the tenderer must provide proof of an average specific annual turnover for the past 3 financial years of 1 200 000 EUR.
information and formalities necessary for evaluating whether requirements have been met:
1. a list of the main services provided over the past 3 years in the field of window cleaning;
2. concerning the number of employees and managerial staff:
— a statement as to the total number (annual average) of staff employed by the company over the past 3 years in the field of window cleaning,
— a statement indicating that the tenderer has at least 1 manager, 1 inspector and 1 safety coordinator responsible for contract performance, if awarded it.
This statement shall be accompanied by the necessary proof (e.g. CVs and copies of diplomas and certificates);
3. proof that the tenderer has a valid quality management system (ISO 9001 or equivalent), or one undergoing a renewal application process;
4. ISO 14001: proof that the tenderer has a valid quality management system (ISO 14001, EMAS or equivalent), or one undergoing a renewal application process.
to be selected, the tenderer must provide proof:
1. of its cleaning services for at least 2 projects covering 4 000 m2 of glazed surfaces and 1 project involving at least 10 floors, along with the contact details of the recipients involved;
2. that it has a team of at least 12 persons (at least 5 window cleaners (category 4D — according to the classification used by Joint Committee 121)):
— that its staff meet the following minimum requirements (evidence to be provided: CVs and copies of diplomas):
• the manager must, as a minimum, have technical training to level A3 or equivalent, together with at least 10 years' professional experience in the field of window cleaning,
• the inspector must, as a minimum, have technical training to level A3 or equivalent, together with at least 3 years' professional experience in the field of window cleaning,
• the security coordinator must have at least 5 years' experience and level 1 security training.
Section IV: Procedure
Office pour les infrastructures et la logistique — Bruxelles (OIB), bâtiment CSM1, Cours Saint-Michel 1 (entrée côté rue Père de Deken 23), 1040 Bruxelles, BELGIUM.
1 duly authorised representative per tenderer may attend the opening of tenders (a passport or identity card must be presented). Tenderers wishing to attend must inform Unit OIB.02.002 Public Procurement, in writing (see address details given in point I.1), no later than 2 working days prior to the opening session.
Section VI: Complementary information
36 months after award.
1) The specifications and additional documents (including questions and answers) will be available at the following web address: https://etendering.ted.europa.eu/cft/cft-display.html?cftId=1808
Interested parties are invited to register via the website. They will then be notified by the online public procurement system of any updates available for this invitation to tender. Parties not registered on the site are requested to consult it regularly. The Commission cannot be held responsible should tenderers not be aware of any additional information on this invitation to tender given on this website.
The website will be updated regularly; it is the responsibility of tenderers to check for any updates and modifications during the tendering period.
Additional information on contract terms, contract renewals, conditions for participation, minimum levels of capacity required, total estimated contract volume, etc. can be found in the specifications available on the aforementioned website. No paper version will be issued. EMAS-certified since 2005, the OIB adopts an environmentally friendly attitude. EMAS is the eco-management and audit scheme, the EU voluntary instrument used by organisations to improve their environmental performance.
2) Mandatory site visit: see point 4.4 of the invitation to tender
3) Executive agencies may be included in the contract as contracting authorities (within a limit of 10 % of the total contract value and for all the executive agencies taken together) if, at the time of publication of this invitation to tender, they had not yet been officially created or were not being created and, consequently, no formal designation could be specified in the invitation to tender documents.
4) During the 3 years following conclusion of the initial contract, the contracting authority will be able to use the negotiated procedure, without prior publication of a contract notice for new services involving the repetition of similar services assigned to the party awarded this contract by the contracting authority.
5) For further information on participating in invitations to tender and on the sequence of procedures for public procurement at the OIB, please consult the 'Guide for tenderers' and the brochure 'Doing business with the European Commission', accessible via the link:
within 2 months of the plaintiff being notified or, failing this, of the date on which it became known to them. A complaint made to the European Ombudsman neither suspends this period nor opens a new period for lodging appeals.